Getting the Reverse Compatibility Update

So I'm still trying to get my GTA San Andreas Xbox original game to work on my Xbox. I've read about a reverse Compatibility Update that would allow me to play Xbox originals games. My question is, if I get this update, will I still be able to play Halo: Reach and other Xbox 360 games? (That's if I'm able to downgrade).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

make sure you get it from Amazon directly and not somebody selling them on Amazon or you can run into the same problem of 'fake' drives again.  you can always plug your 3rd party drive back on and transfer saves (you can always re download anything on your account from marketplace for free to save space) to a USB flash drive then plug your 60 gig into the 360 and transfer the saves over from it.  another option is since you are a gold member use the Cloud storage and upload your saves to the Cloud then recover them from the Cloud to your drive, good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help guys. Since its not an Official Hard Drive, then I'll just buy a 60GB and just put all of my Originals on that one. I don't want to send the Hard Drive I have now back to the seller because, I have too many games and saves on it. I'm gonna buy the next one from Amazon if that's okay.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm it sounds like the hard drive isn't an official drive, these third party drives don't have the software needed to run original xbox games on them.

Gaming, something all gamers do, no matter which system they use.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah most 360 drives on ebay are fakes that look and are are the correct size but most are missing the emulation software that is on the official MS drives.  if the seller says it plays old gen games but it does not you should be able to get your $$$ back from the seller if not from him, then from paypal/ebay and use the refund to get a official drive for your 360, good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

I currently have the latest update. The game that I'm trying to play is downloaded from the Game Marketplace and I downloaded it over and over to make sure if it hasn't been interrupted by anything, but it still didn't work. My friend brought some Xbox Original game discs over today and its having the same problem as the one I downloaded. What I'm most afraid of is that they are saying that if I got my HDD from Ebay, thats the problem. I got my 250 HDD from ebay and I don't see any problems with it. They say that I have to have an 'official' HDD. I got the HDD from a guy that had 100% feedback, so I believed that his items were juvenile.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you put the original xbox game disc into your 360 you should get a message that an update is avaiable for the game. The backwards compatabilty update does not appear to be available for download as it's all done through Live now I guess.

Your other games will work just fine.

Gaming, something all gamers do, no matter which system they use.

Sorry this didn't help.