Getting my DLC off my old Hard Drive onto my new console.

I've owned my trusty old Xbox 360 Pro (20Gb) since 2007. Its lasted well and never had a problem with it until 3 days ago when I started to notice the Graphics getting fuzzy and dodgy lines across the screen while I'm trying to play Black Ops!! It finally gave in 2 days ago and now will not even play at all. It just gives me an E74 error message, every time I switch the machine on.

Fair is fair, its lasted reasonably well. I've had nearly 4 years trouble free gaming, but obviously my machine is well out of warranty.  After phoning Microsoft Support they wanted £90 to repair my machine, which I think is rather stupid as I can get a replacement refurbed machine from my local Game store for only £70!   I have definately decided not to pay the £90 to get it fixed, with refurbs so cheap, so I'm considering two options:

1) Get a refurbed Core machine for £69.99 which I can just add my existing Hard Drive and accessories to and carry on as if nothing has happened....

OR

2) I could use this opportunity to upgrade and get a refurbed Elite for £99.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are my options and I'm seriously thinking about getting an Elite, but I'm unsure as to the implications of getting a refurbed machine with a bigger hard drive.  How do I go about getting all my DLC off my 20Gb Hard Drive? Is it possible to get all my Arcade games and my DLC across!?! I've got about 20 Xbox Live Arcade games, and DLC content for about 10 different games including both the Black Ops Map packs!! I'm worried if i upgrade the hard drive I'll lose the lot!?! Replacing it all would cost me a bomb in mspoints!!!!

ANY ADVICE ANYBODY WANTS TO GIVE ME WOULD BE MOST WELCOME!!!

Many thanks in advance!!!        :-)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can use the transfer cable or a USB flash drive to transfer everything over. You can also redownload anything you've bought over the marketplace for free through your download history. Plus, getting a new console, you'll want to use the license transfer tool which will have you redownload all of your stuff anyway.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.