Getting it used?

If I get it used, will I need to buy any online pass to play online?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="SirRilliamzzzzz"]

If I get it used, will I need to buy any online pass to play online?

[/quote]

Officially yes, however I've heard rumours that online passes are no longer required.  Not sure if that's true though.

--
Juxtapose13

Online is needed for the vanilla MK9, the latest release with all the dlc doesn't require a pass.

So what about this version? www.ebgames.ca/.../305225

[quote user="SirRilliamzzzzz"]

So what about this version? www.ebgames.ca/.../305225

[/quote]

That's the original release.  Again, I've heard online passes are no longer required, however I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Why not contact Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment's support department directly, as they're the publisher and should be able to confirm for you?

They can be reached via the contact info in the official forums here.

Good luck!

--
Juxtapose13

its true a friend has the new version an doesn't require an on line pass where as the original version does.

www.ebay.co.uk/.../290677294190

thats the one you want,

www.ebay.co.uk/.../380424683129

thats the one you don't want

Last I remember the online was terrible anyway lol.

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

Last I remember the online was terrible anyway lol.

[/quote]

It depends on many factors.

--
Juxtapose13

That fact that I mained Liu Kang, Rain and Stryker and people could just block out 1/3 of my preferred character selection on a whim is reason enough to continue to be terrible.

Surely if there blocking your attacks then that boils down to how you play the game? try switching up players or combo's.

2 of the fighters you mentioned aren't hard to play against either way, the only character i can't comment on is RAIN not played enough against him.

I used to get the odd disconnect most of the time is was due to the other player not having the DLC update.

Other than the game is great it's the only one in my collection that ive had since day one an wouldn't trade or sell it :)