Getting Disconnected

This has been making me mad for many weeks now, but when i do play online especially Black Ops, the screen goes black for 1 or 2 seconds then it says disconnected from Xbox Live, and also says sign in status has been changed. Is there a problem with my wireless adapter? or is it my modem?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Its hard to tell what's going on here.  By your post, looks like you are using the wireless adapter to get connected to the internet.  One question does pop up.  Are you using Turtle Beach's X41 headset?  If so, this causes severe interference and can cause your connection to go offline.  I have the headset and this happens to me a lot.  I just don't use it anymore due to that fact.  If you aren't using that headset.  Then please give us some more info.  Like is this the new xbox slim, or older model?  Are you using the N wireless adapter or the G?  What wireless router are you using?  Its hard to tell you with the little info you provided.  Let us know some more info and we'll be able to give you a better idea. :)

Im using the older Xbox and with the Wireless adapter, im using the Telstra Thomas Gateway modem too