Getting a refund on something that was incorrectly described?

Alrighty so I recently purchased a theme "mass effect charater's" *note the 's* and I believe the description given was way off. Firstly the description and title say charater's and it displays only one charater, some salarian. It's also a ME1 theme and to my reculation there isn't even one on your squad, so instead of giving me Tali or Garrus, they decided to go with a random charater... There was no preview option, and the images that are sometimes displayed when you scroll across from the page where you can purchase it, just showed black. Would it even be possible to get a refund?

ps: I'm aware it says no refunds, however if something is falsely described I think they’re should be cause for a dispute. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You could phone up support and request one from them but the chances are very unlikely.

The theme is for Mass Effect characters and there are several Salarians characters in the first game.

Also if this is the theme I am thinking of then it was designed for the original 'Blades' dashboard the 360 had, each blade would show a different character. You can still get them to appear by going into the various parts of the dashboard, such as My Music Apps or Settings, but they will likely be obscured as the design of the dashboard is now different.

As VoteDC  said, try calling phone support.  They have given refunds in the past for products on the Marketplace with misleading descriptions.  So, it's possible they might do it here too.  There is no harm in asking.

Have you checked to see that when you go to a different section of the dash that it doesn't give you different characters?

My guess is that you're going to call Microsoft and get this guy on the phone:

^^

LOL never get old.

No soup for you!

^ Not that guy

I think i will send an email, does anyone know which category I should put it under?

There's no email contact option, it's phone, help forums, or online chat

ahh, ok.

And the b-lands thing ='s lol

[quote user="voteDC"]

it was designed for the original 'Blades' dashboard the 360 had, each blade would show a different character. 

[/quote]

and now i miss the blade dashboard... thanks. :( seriously blades and the UI right after NEX was great this metro stuff is bad.