Getting a new Xbox. Do I need to Licence Transfer or will I be fine?

So I'm trading in my old xbox (I get to keep the hard drive) for a brand new one. Trouble in, since I won't have both xboxs with me at once. I can't License Transfer. So instead I'm just going to use my old hard drive on my new system, will I be fine or will Microsoft ban me/not allow me to use my DLC/Arcade games since I'm not on the same System. Is it possible to put my 'License' onto a USB then move the USB to the new system and move my License to the new system? Or is there a limit of how many times you can do it on one day?

Or is there a way to License transfer without needing a USB or both xboxs? Because I think there is a way to do that But I'm not sure...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Yeah you can transfer online. You can either go to your account on here and look under device management or do it from the dashboard under account management.

The only reason you need a license transfer cable is if you want to be able to play your DLC offline. As long as you're connected to Xbox Live you'll be able to redownload and use that DLC on any console. However without the license transfer you can't play any of it offline. You don't really need to bring over anything from the old console except game saves because you can just redownload everything.

[quote user="FEARecon"]

The only reason you need a license transfer cable is if you want to be able to play your DLC offline. As long as you're connected to Xbox Live you'll be able to redownload and use that DLC on any console. However without the license transfer you can't play any of it offline. You don't really need to bring over anything from the old console except game saves because you can just redownload everything.

[/quote]I heard some people got their accounts permanent banned for doing that so I'm scared to do it. Anyways I thought their was a way to License transfer without needing a cord or USB. You can only do it once a year, right? 

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

[quote user="FEARecon"]

[/quote]I heard some people got their accounts permanent banned for doing that so I'm scared to do it. Anyways I thought their was a way to License transfer without needing a cord or USB. You can only do it once a year, right? 

[/quote]

Yeah it once every like 120 days or something like that but like I said its easy to do I recently did it.

www.xbox.com/.../Home

go here , hope it helps

read this 1st

www.xbox.com/.../FAQ