get your gear sorted before starting a new match

i do not want to wait for your stupid @@@ to play dress up and pick your equipment and stuff in the squad room. i'll give you like 20 seconds to hit ready, flash my ready once, then vote to kick you. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

LMFAO! @ Paul..that was funny.

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

I agree that unless you're new to this mode, it shouldn't take a excessive amount of time before hitting RT to ready up. To even use a mic and say, in the mission debriefing after a successful/failed run, that you have to go afk in the lobby for a toilet break/etc, let's the rest of the squad know you'll be away for a reason. Taking a minute before hitting RT to set new powers, buy a pack from the store, set new weapons/equipment, is perfectly acceptable imo. As long as you use communication to keep your squad in the loop, that's the main thing. If you have to go afk and don't use a mic, then don't be away for too long of a time (longer than a minute or two)... or else you'll see that kick box next to your name. We play this game for fun... so some tolerance and common courtesy is expected.

[/quote]

Well said. My personal policy is, if I'm going to be gone more then 2 or 3 min and not on the Mic, I leave the group and join a new one when I'm ready to play again. I usually expect a couple minute pause between rounds when staying with one team. That's usually when people run to the restroom, grab a soda, etc. Some level of patience is required.

Praetorian, we should play bronze sometime, I agree with the pearshape (as I happened to me 4 times today, I suck and I admit it).  

Doc, N7 doesn't really reflect time spent, I've met many people that were amazing with an N7 rating of 120 or less, they just didn't see the point in promoting.  Either way, people have off days and amazing days.

In most other FPS if I run to the bathroom between rounds I barely have time before the next round starts. I think most people are used to that small intermission window. If you have to drain it then leave your character set to ready and hurry up.

Remember, it takes three people for a vote to work. If one guy calls it because he's impatient and the person gets kicked that means the other people agreed.

I hate waiting too, but this is ridiculous and unrealistic.

well how nice for you.  I add  equipment to help the match and myself.  Now if it over a minute or two and they have not leveled I may vote to kick.

I don't know. I work at exercising patience every day in everything I do, so I'm not the best barometer, but I find this thread a but disturbing. Twenty seconds? Really? Sixty seconds? That's the maximum amount of time that some people will wait? I have not seen individuals so in need of unplugging and taking a long walk in quite some time. Deep breaths. people. I know that modern Americans pretty much get whatever they want when they want it, but this is absurd.

[quote user="monosocratic"]

I have not seen individuals so in need of unplugging and taking a long walk in quite some time.

[/quote]And when I do get outdoor exercise, I choose partners who can keep up so I'm not constantly waiting on them.  Or, and this won't come as a surprise, I lonewolf it. 

If there is good synergy between the group and one member bought a pack or wants to try a new character, then I WILL adjust my character to keep up the synergy.  You can wait a minute while people get their stuff straight.  I'd much rather go in with a team that has great gear that they are good at using than take a chance.  Besides, set yourself to ready and go get a drink or something.

^ Great idea.   Have it automatically start after a few minutes.  Once people know there is a time limit, they will adapt. Otherwise its easy for people to get distracted and take their time doing other things before finally readying up.