Get a life!

So, I was accused of cheating last night. Some German dude runs past me and I knife him. I get loads of messages from him (or her) then saying that he is reporting me to DICE because I was invisible....and he has proof from a video. A video?? Where on earth do you get a video from?? He just didn't like it because he was a high ranker and I knifed him.....FFS.

-

Comments? I should not have nothing to worry about because I do not cheat. It's probably just talk BUT I am actually quite worried and it ruined my whole evening. Thinking I'm going to be banned from playing one of my fave games for doing nothing wrong is rubbish. Has anyone else gone through this? It's tantamount to bullying. Mind you, I gave it back and he left....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I get a lot of bullshit deaths like that.  Always getting killed by a guy who seems to have shot me through a 5 inch thick brick wal with a G17C or one of those steel containers you can't shoot through.

Sure I get pissed off but I'd never accuse someone of being a cheater.

It's just how the game is.  You have nothing to worry about.  Like you said, it was probably just some try-hard who thought he was the business and didn't like ketting knifed by "noobs".

This can't be your first ''threat'' via message on LIVE can it?  If you were playing fair and legit, do not worry.  This happens to me often, never on Battlefield but it is how people ''attempt'' to play mind games and believe it or not, there are people out there who take gaming much to serious.  As if it is all they have and when they lose or fail, it shatters their precious little world.

I wouldn't worry.  You can also change your Online settings via xbox.com to not receive messages from non-friends.  First option when you click on your name,then Online Safety Settings below pic, Voice and Text, change to friends only.

I had one guy from a neighboring city threaten to kill me when I killed him over and over in BC2. I told him that I would meet him at the main station the next day if he wanted to talk about it. Didn't get an answer. Haha.

Actually, there is a 'being invisible' bug or something and I have run across only a few people who were invisible. Was playing Seine with 2 other friends in my squad and died to him constantly while attempting to stop him from capping B in conquest. After numerous randomly fired RPG's, grenades, and LMG fire...a random team member used frag rounds on an auto shotty (looked and sounded like one) and fired randomly until he died,

-

Even in the kill cam he was invisible. The camera was still turning and moving as is he was running from one place to another and then would stop as he would hide around a corner.

-

I would have just sent him a message saying you didn't do it on purpose and was just a bug, then continue to tell him to chill out.

I never get threats , I must not be that good dam

[quote user="DriedPooh"]

I never get threats , I must not be that good dam

[/quote]

By the look of your stats down there. I think people just leave the game and not bother finishing.

It's all a bluff. If you're really not cheating then you should be fine. I've gotten threats like that before, I just give them the lolz and encourage them to waste their time reporting me.

I'm pretty sure DICE knows that you're not cheating and even if they do have "proof" of you using the invisible bug, I'm pretty sure DICE knows that you prolly didn't realize that you were using it. Heck, you prolly wouldn't had known about it unless some noob sent you a message about it.

Do not worry. If you did not cheat, nothing will happen to you. Just block communications and forget about it.

Thanks for all taking the time to respond - I feel much better now. This has never happened to me before....!