General RE talk

Since the RE 5 forum was deleted and there hasn't been a forum made for the upcoming releases of RE 4 HD and Code Veronica HS (for XBLA), Operation Raccoon City, and eventually 6. So if you got anything questions about the old games or news about the upcoming games to talk about, put it here and hopefully other people will come here and help you out.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is RE Mercenaries any good?  

I hear mixed reviews.  I normally rent games before I buy but apparently Mercenaries has some save problem.  You can't overwrite or it's just one save per game.  Something that doesn't allow it to be rented anyway.

I confess to having little interest in Operation Raccoon City, as it seems to be another huge leap toward the action genre for the series. The game will be a rental for me at first.

/facepalm...If you didn't know, why did you wander in here (Resident Evil)?

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

I can't believe I missed this post before. Yeah, it would be a great idea to fire up a search engine and look up "RE" so it can link you to literally thousands of different things, not one being Resident Evil. As opposed to simply clicking on the thread and asking. I know it's been a while since you posted that, but you set a new forum record that day, my friend

[/quote]

I know this was meant to offend me, but I high fived myself when I saw

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

you set a new forum record that day

[/quote]

I high fived myself. And onto something completely different: This thread can't seem to die.

[quote user="RageDMX47"]

I was 8 when I played MYST, rage quit about 1/4 of the way in. And to get 1/4 of MYST completed at age 8 was impressive, i'm led to believe.

Also shoes, I left my..."coat" at your place, you mind Fedexing it back to me?

[/quote]

Not until you mail my underwear back first.

Who in the world takes a whole drawer full of them?

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[quote user="Knewrome"] 

If you prefer the original 3 games, awesome!  But to say that 4 and/or 5 are terrible games is pretty much a laughable statement.

[/quote]

4 & 5 aren't horrible, for what they are (maybe 5 is?). The problem is what they are. Or should I say what they aren't? Resident Evil is the King of survival horror games, and RE4 & 5 aren't survival horror games. They're dumbed-down (RE5 especially) shooters.

[/quote]Knewrome , you are rite . They are not mediocre .The problem is that they don't have the tension that you felt in previous RE games. RE should not be played co-op that feature make thing so easy in games ...and if so should be something like Obscure but better. I agree with OG that they aren't survival horror games anymore. Just a lil trip inside a haunted mansion in a carnival.

I just googled it, there's a few sites (Kotaku, GamePro, etc.) that had articles on it. I just want a RE game to come out so that way I can stop attracting all the bloody modders in RE 5 to my games. Although I am making great progress with lowering my overall time on Veteran, I think I dropped my time down to under....2 hours. I think my rank for overall is in the high 2,000's.

Im totally looking forward to code veronica x when it comes out on XBLA. I remember playing that game on the dreamcast. SOOO MUCH FFUNNN!!!

They are bringing the other forums back just give them some time, and right now they have only brought back the popular forums.

[quote user="mzteaze"]

i love re5 probably cos its the only 1 iv played and scares the s**t out of me so play with a friend so she can fight while i run lol read afew comments below, am i right in believing theres more RE's for xbox 360? iv looked out for more but didnt think they did em as never found them! just downloaded new add ons for re5 cant wait 195 days for next re orc  game :(

[/quote]

Ye, a few RE HD reboots and ORC (2012 release on New Year's Day, already pre - ordered) are coming to the 360. Since ORC will more than likely have 4 player co -op, I will be looking to assemble a ragtag team of people who will look to be "garbage" at the game. And by garbage I mean somewhat above average.