GEARS WEEKEND EVENT?

anybody know if there is any special event planned for the holiday weekend? Hasnt been a good multiple xp event for a while so im hopeful for that.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Even though it hasn't been posted yet, you can always look here. http://www.trueachievements.com/a153478/socialite-achievement.htm

This is the more up-to date site

http://epicgames.com/community/category/gears-of-war/

-

This week's event is Stay Frosty Team Deathmatch playlist. There will be no shotguns and players will start with the Hammerburst, Snub and one Frag Grenade.  There are no pick-ups other than the limited damage frag grenades.

-

Stay Frosty starts today and runs through Tuesday, May 29  at 9:00 AM Eastern.

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]

There are no pick-ups other than the limited damage frag grenades.

[/quote]

there are other pick ups - boom, dig, and scorcher are what i have seen,

And all the weapons' damage is turned up to 11;HBurst kills with two or three shots (doesn't down you,just straight kills ya!). Haven't had this much fun since RavenDown 24/7-and I HATE the HammerBurst. I want the HB from GoW1 back!

Any reason why these last few events are not unlocking the War Supporter medal for me?  I only need one more...

I heard there are only so many ribbons for events and so they have had to start cycling through them again. I have 19 and also haven't gotten the last two.

Does that means Stay Frosty Team Deathmatch playlist does not counts as an event?

[quote user="the kidd 56"]Any reason why these last few events are not unlocking the War Supporter medal for me?[/quote]

It is my understanding that Epic are repeating the Event List,for example this is at least the second time Stay Frosy has been on.

Epic will also only credit you once for an event,no matter how many times you play it;SO if you played Stay Frosty the first time round it will NOT count if you play it a second time

The last few weekends have not counted towards my War Supporter medal either.  If it's the case that each event only counts once even though it's a different weekend, EPIC needs to get on the stick and come up with some new events instead of rehashing old ones.

I'm in the same boat I only need one more event to get the Socialte achievement. I'm sure there are plenty of new ideas for events/ribbons. How about some towards Horde and Beast mode? Yes I know more people play versus more but spread the love. Throw in some Mutators for fun too. Why doesn't Epic just take ideas straight from the people that still play the game? I don't see it being that hard.