Gears of War3 Locks up with my profile

Not to spam theboard with this topic but to keep in in the limelight, this is the current status of my situation:

For whatever reason i cannot play gears of war3 on my current profile, it locks up and i have to hit the power button.

If i use any other gamertag the game works perfectly fine.

I have tryed virtually everything, the end result is, i have formated my xbox hard drive, recovered my gamertag (profile), and attempted to play the gears3 disc with nothing other than my gametag loaded on the hard drive and still it will not work. (no gamertag or OTHER gamer tags work fine.)  So as soon as i load a diffrent gametag it works fine, any insight would be helpful. the epic forums is rampant with this topic and there is no support/or acknowledgement shown.

Major Kilowatt brought it to my attention that a temporary fix is to load the game with no profile, and than load yours. I load campaign with no profile and than guide in with my profile, this brings me back to the main menu and lets me play for a bit, but it locks up after there is an act/level change. Also my profile spits out ./0123456789 on the far right hand sidee from time to time. keep in mind i have literally nothing on my hard drive,s o if my profile is courpt its on epics server and has nothing to do with my hard drive. If you have any insight or feature a similar issue please let me know. I have an open ticket with support, and they have esclated the issue to windows development, but i have 3 to 5 days to wait for a reply.

I will post the conclusion or fix when one is reported.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to: