I recently installed the digital version of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (a $60 deluxe copy) a couple of days ago and cannot access the game's campaign at all. Every time I try to start it, it goes as far as the loading screen and loads forever - I've left it on loading for upwards of an hour until my console decided to shut itself off for inactivity. Even though I can access multiplayer, I've also noticed that the textures never fully load until the END of the match, making multiplayer, although playable, not as much fun as it could be - it looks WORSE than the original GoW game (I know this because I played the original through the BC feature of the preview program a few weeks ago).
Things I have tried, but that have not worked:
- hard reboot of the console.
- restart the game.
- reinstall the game.
- delete saves.
- reinstall DLC.
- accessing campaign via different means (joing a friend's game or using the chapter select option, for example)
- moving game and DLC from internal to external and back again.
- asked others on Xbox community forums if they were suffering from similar issues (nobody is it seems).
- asked for help on official Gears of War site (still awaiting response).
- checked network stability.
- checked Xbox Live status.
I'm running out of ideas for how to fix this, much less trying to figure out what may have caused the issue in the 1st place.