Gears of War Reset rank glitch

yea just started my gears and all my stats and all medals everything is gone i was a 97 and its all gone

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

use the cloud bruh----

did all that

HOW TO USE YOUR BACKUP IF YOU GET RESET:

If you get reset you should perform the following steps to restore your data:
1. Go into your System Settings, Storage, and then into your Gears of War 3 save on your Hard Drive (or wherever you store your main set of Gears 3 saves)
2. Delete the corrupted "player data" file from there. This is the file that caused your rank reset, so you want to delete it.
3. Load up the game and select your backup drive instead of your hard drive (so select the cloud/USB/memory card that your backup data is stored on) when it asks for a storage device. All your data from your backup file should appear.
4. Play one game of anything and then return to the party lobby. This will restore your data on the servers.
5. Go back to the dashboard, and then load up the game from your Hard Drive. Do not skip this step and try to switch storage devices while in game. This can lead to data corruption. Always return to the dashboard first.
6. After you load up the game and select your Hard Drive, play one more game of anything. This will create a new player data file on your hard drive from the server data that you just restored.

Then you are all done.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=352877

my 56 onyx medals are gone and my level 43 in red is gone also.......my gametag is gooveball thanx

How do you make backups becuase when I want to transfer mine to cloud it won't make a copy i have to transfer the only one i have there.

Don't transfer, load the game and select cloud storage it will create a new save using the stats saved on the server, play a game of anything so it saves. Now just keep it up to date when you level up or get a medal reload the cloud save and play a game on it, Don't swap storage devices in game, go back to dash and reload when you swap saves, doing it in game can corrupt your save file.

do people not know how to follow instructions?

guess not :P

Man do I feel your pain man. I was a level 89 and everything is gone. I don't back up any of the games I play. If this is so common, EPIC should release the game with a note telling everyone to back up their data. They won't, but they should because it has scared enough people that everyone is backing up their data now. I don't think I can play anymore.

Although EPIC can't seem to find a way to fix the reset after a certain point, I would suggest heading over to the Epic Community forums where you can find out information about the rank reset and fill in a form complaining about the issue.

The following link should take you right there.

forums.epicgames.com/.../879601-Rank-Reset-to-Level-1