gears of war judgment refuses to work

i got this today, and it wont work..ugh, EVERY other one of my games work except for this one! i either get open tray or unrecognized disc, but it's mostly unrecognized disc, heck, i've got a game with a chip taken out of it and scratches all over and that AT LEAST starts up and plays good for like 5 minutes, this BRAND NEW game refuses to work! sometimes i get the rare "play game" but that just says "this disc is unreadable" right away...yes i cleared the cache, yes i removed all storage devices, yes, i tried without the hard drive, BUT IT WONT WORK! it DID work in my friends xbox so a faulty disc is out of the question. as i said, every other game i have except this one works! i really need some help here.. i got it to start once, but it said disc unreadable as soon as i tried to start campaign >_<

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

also yes i cleaned the disc exactly as you shown and that did not work

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there holywood! Is it possible for you to return the disk to where you bought it and get it exchanged for a new disk? I would think that's you're best bet and a new disk would work for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Man I am having this same problem with a brand new Skylanders Giants game I got for my kid's birthday and I even exchanged it, still doesn't work?  Wonder whats going on right now?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Beans! If you are looking for some support, I would suggest you create a new thread detailing your issue a bit more, as well as any troubleshooting you have tried. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.