gears of war judgement wont play but other games will

I have recently purchased the new gears of war judgement game, brought it home, put it in, and it shows up on the screen that i can play it, however, when i click to play, it acts like its going to load, then says the disc cannot be read, or unrecognizable disc. it worked the very first time i put it in, to the point where it downloads the game info to the HDD. however, in that process is where it first kicked out to the main screen and does this. i have gone thru the steps in the troubleshooting; eg, cleaning the disc (even tho it was brand new out of the wrapper) and still did it. so i took it out, turned it off, unhooked everything, wifi adapter and all, turned it back on, tried again, same problem. so i took it back to exchange the disc. got my refund because they were sold out by the time i returned it. went 30 miles away to get a new copy from a different store, get home, same problem. so i then tried to install the game to the hdd, and see if that works. it installed fully at 100% but when i went to play it, it said the game could not be launched. every other game i own still plays fine with no problems. so i deleted some of the saved data for games i no longer have, thinking on the off chance there was too little space. now my hdd is next to empty with the same issue. i can still play all of my other games, so why wont this one work?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

You may want to try this: reinstall your newer HDD. Start the Xbox and tab over to the Settings tab.

Use the instructions found here http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache to clear the system cache, many times this will resolve issues like you have described.

If this doesn't resolve your issue and you aren't using your newer HDD, have you tried reformatting it and seeing if you can again use it?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

update: i had another HDD from a previous 360 that i have that got the red rings. swapped out the HDD and it plays fine, no problems. SO TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE, ITS TIME FOR A NEW HDD!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.