Gears of War Gamer

hey peeps im looking for some gears friends, i play it a lot and im crazy about it im mainly a horde fan and beast so if your like me and wanna play friendly pick eachother up matches add me,

gamertag,

kellaway24

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I play horde and beast some but currenly need someone to help me run through RAAM'S SHADOW co-op. Want to join?

hey i got one today and my rank has been reset to 11 and im originally level 89 please help

[quote user="midget1225"]

hey i got one today and my rank has been reset to 11 and im originally level 89 please help

[/quote]

Looks like you got your rank reset.  This is a fairly common problem that happens to a lot of Gears 3 players.

To address your concerns briefly:

- If you did not back up your player data file to the cloud or an external hard drive (like a USB flash drive) all of your data is lost for good.

- This problem usually happens when you "dashboard" or reboot the Xbox when the game freezes, however there are other circumstances where a rank reset can happen as well (like in the situation that you just described).  The result is that your player data file gets corrupted and you get reset back to level 1.

- Epic knows about it.  Microsoft knows about it.  Neither of them will do anything to get your data back.  This is a fact.

More information about this problem can be found here:

forums.xbox.com/.../264900.aspx

And here (even better):

forums.epicgames.com/.../839290-RESET-amp-BACKUP-INFO-I-used-to-be-a-red-92-then-i-took-a-gnasher-to-the-knee

Feel free to add to the mountain of complaints, but just remember that nothing you do short of having your data backed up will get your rank back.  Your choices now are to either continue playing Gears 3 from "scratch" or move on.  If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone.  By the way, if you are some kind of massochist and decide that option 1 is for you, do yourself a favor and back up your data.

Sorry for your loss.

-M