Gears of War 3 will have a season pass.

For 30$ or 2400 ms points you get all four dlc content (With the first being released this Nov.) and an exclusive liqiuid metal weapon set. They say if you get this season pass you will be getting the dlc at a 33% discount if you were to buy them individually.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I might just have to consider it. Although with GOW2 I just waited for the GOTY version and got all the DLC that way since im not a huge online Gears fan, but I do love me some Horde so i'll probably end up dishing out 2400 points :P

LOL @ season passes.So let me get this straight.So now instead of them milking for cut content they now want us to pay for them before they are released? Something just doesnt feel right with these season passes I am seeing.

It might be a good investment. I won't have the money for at launch but I will buy it later. I will buy all the map packs for Gears 3 and it saves me money in the long run plus bonus weapon skins.  

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I'm not sure about this at all. This sounds exactly like the Rockstar Pass and that turned out to be a great deal. The only difference is that we already knew the DLC that would be included if you got the Rockstar Pass or at least some sort of information about them. When it comes to this, we know nothing. We are essentially blindly paying for something. You have no idea how many maps will be in each map pack or whether you will even like the maps. Also you are paying $30 now. They said you are getting a 33% discount. That means that if you didn't get this, you would pay $45. So it's either pay $30 blindly right now or $45 over the next year or even less if you decide to skip out on a map pack because you don't like what's in it. $15 is not enough to convince me to blindly pay for something. 

I hated when Rockstar /TB did the same with LA Noire so i'll pass this time. Any info about what are the DLC  ?  Link? i don't want to pay more for a content that maybe is locked in the original copy .

I found a link  :

www.gameinformer.com/.../microsoft-unveils-gears-of-war-3-season-pass.aspx

any idea who is the bald char of  that promo ?

@Manhandler: You don't have to buy the Pass right away, i'm sure it won't be a limited time thing.  IF they don't detail all the DLC you will get an idea what to expect when they launch the 1st pack.  If you don't want it at that point, give it some time to view the other ones & then make the purchase.

I will say that I won't blindly make a purchase right away (unless it is limited) but I will say that this is in fact the 1st time I will buy a Gears of War DLC Pack when it first hits.  I never bothered with Gears 1 MP so I only downloaded those maps when they became free but no one was playing it at that time.  I bought the All Fronts package for Gears 2 when it went on sale because I enjoyed playing Horde enough to want more maps.

Considering I had a great time playing the Gears 3 beta this purchase is almost a done deal.  I wonder if anything else would be considered in the package past Maps that are for MP/Horde.   More Co-op Campaign stages possibly?

Either way, I'll be having fun playing Gears 3 on 9/20 with friends.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

I found a link  :

www.gameinformer.com/.../microsoft-unveils-gears-of-war-3-season-pass.aspx

any idea who is the bald char of  that promo ?

[/quote]

Dizzy.

LOL thanks Manhandler ...i think i need to shoot more his hat on MP.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

@Manhandler: You don't have to buy the Pass right away, i'm sure it won't be a limited time thing.  IF they don't detail all the DLC you will get an idea what to expect when they launch the 1st pack.  If you don't want it at that point, give it some time to view the other ones & then make the purchase.[/quote]

It will certainly be a limited time thing. They will most likely give you until the first DLC pack comes out to decide.