Gears of War 3 Weapon Camos

If I buy the Lancer and Shotgun Weapon Skin Collection on Xbox Live Marketplace, would I also get Gold and Flaming Camo for those weapons?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

For games with busy forums like Gears 3, you're probably better off asking such specific questions in its own forum here, or at forums.EpicGames.com. Anyway...

No, buying the weapon-specific skins does not give you any of the unlockable skins, only the "retail" skins that are listed for sale. So, not Gold, not Flaming, and not Chrome; also, not the other purchase-related ones, such as Liquid Metal (comes with Season Pass) or Infected Omen (came with the Epic Edition, or limited-edition controller or console).

However, some people have claimed that any skin purchase will give the Lancer's Crimson Omen skin as an extra, which is also available on its own for 80 Points. I haven't seen great confirmation of that, but some folks say they have that one and aren't sure why.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, the flaming skins were only unlockable through the Gears of War 3 Beta along with the Gold Retro Lancer. The Golden Hammerburst and Lancer were available for everyone who played Gears of War 3 the launch week. You could also get the skins (if you missed the event) if you had the Gears of War 2 Golden Hammerburst and golden Lancer DLC.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.