Gears of War 3 unlockables question!

I had the BETA, and played the crap out of it like everyone else.  Well, after unlocking all but 1 or 2 characters, it ended, blablabla.  My xbox was getting the open tray error, and rather than paying to get it fixed I figured I'd sell everything except the xbox itself(such as hard drive, controller, wires, all that stuff) to gamestop.  I did that, and I am getting a new xbox on my birthday next week.

Well all of that is fine and dandy.  Except one thing.  I sold my hard drive.  I knew I would lose all of my data, and I really didn't care.  I just want my gamertag, which I can obviously recover over live, as I have done many times.

But, because I sold my hard drive, does that mean that whenever Gears of War 3 comes out, I won't have any of the unlockables?  Or is it tied to my gamertag.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I'm pretty sure It's tied to your profile

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1. it ISNT tied 2 ure gamertag. 2. it was save data u had 2 save till the 20th sept. 3. cose u sold ure hdd with all ure save data there u wont be able 2 recive the extras.

Sorry this didn't help.

Most likely, you needed to save the Gears 3 Beta saved game. (And possibly the Gears and Gears 2 saved games, if any unlocks are tied to having played those games.) Since you sold the HDD with those saves, they are gone and you can't get them back. You'll find out for sure when the game is released, but expect that you won't get any of the unlocks.

Also, did you delete your profile from the HDD before selling it? You're right that you can recover it on a new console, but if it gets into somebody else's hands because it's on the HDD they buy (I have no idea if GameStop formats HDDs before reselling them), they could modify it or use it for other behavior to get it banned. You should recover the profile immediately on another console, then either move it to a USB stick that you keep or delete it from that console. That way, it won't be sitting on a console somewhere for somebody to sign in to it. (Signing in to the profile on Xbox.com does not prevent it from being used on the HDD you sold when the HDD is attached to another console.)

Sorry this didn't help.