Gears of War 3 system link didn't work!!!

Hey, i need some help here please!

I tried to play Gears of War 3 via system link, but it always said "connection to host has been lost". I used a xbox 360 and a xbox 360s and a crossover cable. The system versio as well as the game version were the same. I was able to host the game and the other console recognized it, but when i tried to join the hosted game it said "connection to host has been lost"! I have no idea where the problem is. We played CoD Black Ops the other day and it worked just fine.

Thanks for every suggestion!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 653 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are you able to play other games currently, or do they all not work now? Do you have a router and extra ethernet cable you could use to try setting it up that way?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Other games work just fine. I haven't tried it with a router yet (mostly because I don't have one), but since for example CoD Black Ops worked when we connected the Xboxes directly, GoW should work as well...shouldn't it!

Sorry this didn't help.

I try to stay away from "should be working" during troubleshooting. If everything was working properly, you wouldn't be here chatting with me, right? That said, if you can borrow one easily, try it out and just see what happens. Also, to clarify, are you able to host games and play properly, and only have issues joining games, or does it just not work at all?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problem trying to play with my brother. I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the game itself? If you have found any solutions please let me know.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mr. Gwyther,

so I used a router this time. Unfortunetly, the problem was still the same. When I tried to join a hosted game of my friend it said again "Connection to host has been lost". The network shows the hosted game, but we can neither join a game nor start one together. I'm pretty sure that we have the same game version, because we both went online with the game. But do you know where the system version of GoW 3 is shown in the game? Or do you know what else it could be?!?!?

Thx for your help so far, I really hope that we can find a solution here! Apparently I'm not the only one having trouble with the system link and GoW! That's good to know! ;-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, thanks for trying that. Can you confirm for me that you are unable to both host a new game and join hosted games?

Sorry this didn't help.

Both consoles are able to host one when we switch to system link. It doesn't matter who opens the session, the other one can see it in list where the open game sessions are shown, but like I said, we can't join it and start playing together.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, OK, I understand. Would it be easy to borrow another console and try it out in different combinations? Can you try this out?

Sorry this didn't help.

From what i´ve read online i´m starting to think maybe the only way to play GOW3 via system link is if all the payers have an XBoxlive account, unlike the previous versions of the game. Although that would beat the whole porpuse of the XBSlink which is to let you play with 3 other players offline. Also, consoles without a wireless connection (like mine), woulnd´t be able to access that feature.

Can anyone here confirm or denay this?

Is there a way to play GOW3 via XBSlink cable offline?

Thx in advance

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont know what had happened but me and my friend WERE able to play system link with each other when we first got the games when they came out. my friend had let his brother borrow the game for a few weeks and when he got it back we tried to play system link again but with no luck. neither could connect to a hosted game. i dont know why it wont work now. we both have the same updates and everything so im confused as to what happened as well.

Sorry this didn't help.