Gears Of War 3 Special and Epic Edition(s) Revealed

Brought to you by Epic Games.

Not everything is discussed but the important item is, which I will not spoil. Epic, you shall recieve my $150.00!The special edition looks pretty neat as well. hope they include a making of DVD, I miss those in Collectors' Editions.

[Basic]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

it depends on what comes in them, i may look online to order it later than release day unfortunately i wont be able to buy every game i wanna play this year.

Even more information is unearthed.

Limited Edition ($79.99 US) – The must-have for fans who want to celebrate the culmination of the trilogy, the Limited Edition includes:
• An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn. [Dimensions: 77 mm (3 in.) x 10 mm (0.4 in.)
• Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
• A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
• The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his "Last Will and Testament," the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.

Epic Edition ($149.99 US) – The ultimate collection for hardcore fans who can't get enough "Gears of War 3," the Epic Edition includes:
• A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true "Gears" fan. [Dimensions: height 285 mm (11.2 in.), diameter 225 mm (8.9 in. Weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb.)
The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell - Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
• Infected Omen Weapon Pack — Custom multiplayer skins for the game's five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
• All the contents of the "Gears of War 3" Limited Edition.

Sounds awesaome. I already had the Epic edition proerdred a while back. But that last line means that EE owners also get the service medal with the code for adam fenix and the flat and all that sdtuff?

Yes EE Owners will get all content listed. I'm going to drop the $25.00 this Thursday.

My EB lets you put down 5 bucks no matter if you get regular limted or epic , and that applies to any game. MK preorders for the kollectors edition and toruney edition only had to put 5 bucks on those too.

Must be new because i remember i had to put 15 on halo 3

I'm impressed with the contents of the Epic Edition to be honest. I'll definitely be purchasing that version.

Looks pretty sweet....I might have to upgrade my pre-order

The statue is definitely well crafted - Comparable and seems even better than the Halo Reach statue.

Looks like what Limited Editions should be. Especially in a day and age where they maybe throw in an extra customer and a 5 page art book and call it a Limited Edition with a larger price tag. Fair play to Epic for offering real content for the price.

i might just get the limited edition, 150 is a bit too steep for me even though i bought the killzone 3 special edition and im planning on buying the balls of steel edition.