Right lets see if I can explain this in a way that makes sense.
Normally when you buy DLC, anyone who uses the first console you download it to can use the DLC, but only the account that paid for it can use it on a 2nd or 3rd console. I get that. With all my DLC I download it to one console (my Reach console for this problem)*. I then re download the DLC to a 2nd console (my Gears console)*. This allows my girlfriend and/or my brother to use the same dlc as me in multiplayer games, as long as they use the Reach console and I use the Gears console. Try it yourself, it works.
Now, with the gears of war 3 season pass, I did what I normally do: Download to Reach console, download to Gears console. No problems. When the Horde Command pack came out, my nightmare began. I went on the Reach console, downloaded the dlc via the in-game prompt, the switched to the Gears console. But this time there was no prompt. So instead I went into my account download history, and downloaded the HCP from there. BUT when we tried to play gears that night we had some problems.
1. My brother and my girlfriend couldn't access the new maps or the new fortification on the Reach console.
2. None of us could access the new maps etc on the Gears console.
3. System link no longer works for ANY mode in gears 3, but works fine in other games (we tested using Forza 4 and Left for Dead 2).
4. The special weapon skin you get for downloading the season pass doesn't appear to any of us on either console (nb: I may be looking for the wrong skin, I've actually forgotten the name of this one)
Both consoles are connected to xbox live. I've redownloaded the DLC (via download history) twice since the first time and still we have the same 4 problems. None of the other DLC (Adam Fenix limited edition bonus, Aaron Griffin facebook bonus, Commando Dom preorder bonus+ one more I've forgotten) has stopped working, i.e. it functions as I described in the paragraph beginning with "normally"...
My girlfriend's account is silver, mine and my brothers are gold. All 3 connect to XBL when we play, or try to play anyway.
So, any suggestions on what the problem might be and how to fix it?
Normally I'd say skip the plain obvious problems (such as having the right network setting for system link) but I think I can take it this time. Like I say, system link works for at least 2 other games!
Also, if this exact same problem has already been asked I apologise, I've broken the most basic of forum rules and didn't check to see if it had already been brought up.
* Yes I own both a Reach limited edition console and a Gears 3 Limited edition console