Gears Of War 3 ranking reset itself?

About an hour ago my gears of war 3 ranking went from 97 prestige green, to white level 1. I ranked up to level 40 white, and it again reset itself to white 1. 

I'm not going to make a big deal about it since it's just a pastime hobby of mine... but I'm afraid if this glitch might become a regular occurrence. The main part that annoyed me was losing characters. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or avoid this? Or at least bring back some of my previous ranking. (I still have my title gears adept)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

unfortunately, this is a common glitch in the gears of war universe. Luckily, it has never happened to me because I am very careful... It's been a known occurrence in Gears 2 as well. The only well known ways to avoid such things is to not shut your xbox off during online gameplay, during loading screens, and to also make a backup of your rank. There is nothing you can do to retrieve it after it is lost.

If you play gears 2 there is a fix for the corrupted file, but for gears 3 there isn't and will never be. And yeah, don't sign out or dashboard or shut off during loading screens.

It could have been much worse in my case my rank reset all the way down to one and I lost all of my mutations and medals that I put countless hours in to get. :(

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360