This is all from info received by Epic. If anything else is announced i will update the thread.
Gears of War - Unlocked by having finished the campaign.
Gears of War 2 - One unlocked by having finished the campaign. Also a unlockable for having earned the Level 100 achievement (Legit) Which means the game checks if you earned it legitimately.
Gears of War (PC) - Unlocked by having ANY Achievement on this game.
Note: Confirmed by Rod himself that these are based off having the achievements so cheaters who have had there gamerscore reset will not be getting the achievement unlockables.
Also Joe confirmed that gears 3 will check for these once a day so you will be able to earn them even after the game comes out.
- Flaming Hammerburst
Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
(This is exclusive to the Bulletstorm early beta access week)
- Flaming Lancer
Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun
Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun
Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
- Beta Tester Medal
Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
- Thrashball Cole
Unlocked by Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period.
To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer
Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period.
To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta.
Q: When will Gears of War 3 be released?
A: Holiday, 2011.20th September.
Q: Will there be a Gears of War 3 beta or demo?
A: There will be a beta. On December 17, 2010 - Epic Games and EA announced a Bulletstorm Epic Edition with exclusive early access to Gears of War 3 beta. More information will be announced at a later date.
Q: When will the beta be released and how can I get it?
A: More information will be announced at a later date.
Q: Why did you take out "Guardian"
A: "Capture the Leader" is "Guardian" and "Submission" combined. It is proving to be a very popular gametype in playtests.
Q: Can I get a Gears of War 3 Fansite kit or Presskit?
A: There is no fansite kit yet for Gears of War 3, but you can find the fan sites and presskits for Gears of War and Gears of War 2 here: download.microsoft.com/download/...itekit.zip
Q: Can the leader capture the leader?
Q: Will Gears of War 3 use dedicated servers?
A: For the most part, yes. Private matches will use P2P.
Q: What changes have been made to Warzone and Execution?
A: None, they are unchanged.
Q: Will there be a Limited Edition of Gears 3?
In this revelation, Perna unveils the centerpiece of the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition a hand-crafted statue of Marcus Fenix, designed by his own hand and brought to life by the expert artisans at Triforce. Available for pre-order now, Gears of War 3 will be available in a Standard Edition ($59.99 US), and two special editions:
Limited Edition ($79.99 US) The must-have for fans who want to celebrate the culmination of the trilogy, the Limited Edition includes:
- An Octus Award Box and Octus Service Medal Replicas of the honors bestowed on Adam Fenix, Marcuss father, for his work on the Hammer of Dawn.
- Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his Last Will and Testament, the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
Epic Edition ($149.99 US) The ultimate collection for hardcore fans who cant get enough Gears of War 3, the Epic Edition includes:
- A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true Gears fan.
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack Custom multiplayer skins for the games five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- All the contents of the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition.
The Gears of War 3 Limited Edition and Epic Edition are the only ways to obtain these high-end collectibles and downloadable content. With production values worthy of the most discerning fans, the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition is available in very limited quantities and only while supplies last.
If you want to hang on to any of your retail unlocks earned during the Beta, please do not delete your Gears 3 Beta saved gamesyou can delete the Beta executable itself, but hang on to those saves! (Step-by-step details below.) Thanks again for playing, and well see you again on September 20!
To delete the Gears 3 Beta but leave your saves intact:
- Go to the System Settings menu on your Xbox 360
- Select Memory
- Select Games
- Select the Gears of War 3 Beta (507MB) and delete it.
So, if you want to keep your gold retro, flaming camo's, do this ^^
- There is an Events Calender in game that lists all upcoming XP events ect for Gears
- Photo mode from Gears 2 is not included in Gears 3
- The "Training Grounds", a bot based mode designed to ease people into Gears multiplayer, can now be played in co-op
- Players can now vault over cover and kick an enemy to down him. When used in MP, it staggers the opponent and deals melee damage. If enemy has low health, it will DBNO him. If player is DBNO, it will kill him.
- You can now chainsaw a Lambent enemy then kick them away towards enemies before they explode, a departure from the Gears 1 lambent wretches which exploded in your face if you chainsawed them
- A meatshielded enemy can now be picked up and grenade tagged, then kicked towards enemies.
- Your reticule will now bloom to reflect the current accuracy of your weapon. It should be noted that in the E3 demo, the bloom is significantly larger if you are moving, even at a slow pace. This is ONLY a visual representation of what Gears 2 has now. Moving has always affected accuracy, now we see how.
- Retro Charge has been confirmed for MP. Unless full charge is built up, running into a player only damages them. Once charged, opponent can only make slight turns and can be avoided.
- Stationary targets, including the multi-turret are confirmed for all modes.
Steve Jablonsky returns as the composer for Gears of War 3. Jablonsky composed the music for Gears 2 and big action films such as Transformers
- Gears of War 3 will exceed the multiplayer mode offerings of Gears of War 2
- Warzone / Execution
Both are returning unchanged.
- Team Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch with a Gears style twist - your team spawns with 20 lives, and each death on your team takes a life away from that pool. Once all lives are expired, you can no longer respawn. If you are consistantly dying, you will be spawned nearer to your teammates or take slightly longer to spawn to counteract any potential issues of one person draining a team of lives. Team Deathmatch brings Execution's self-revive as well as Warzone's ability to kill DBNO players from a distance.
- Capture the Leader
Guardian meets Submission - the leader now cannot be killed, but instead must be meatshielded for 30 seconds to gain the victory. Leaders can struggle using the B button at certain intervals to put off the captives aim. Leaders also gain leadership vision through the Tac/Com, which allows them to see both friend and foe. The new leaders are Queen Myrrah for the Locust, and Chairman Prescott for the COG.
- King of the Hill (Revamp)
King of the Hill uses the same rules as Annex/KOTH in Gears 2. The percentage system seems to have been removed according to the MP footage. It uses the same point system and players do not need to stay in the ring to earn points once it is captured. KOTH now uses the Wingman spawn locations to prevent spawn blocking.
Confirmed to be returning, but now involves FOUR teams of two rather than FIVE teams of two.
- Gears of War 3 will have an XP based ranking system similar to Gears 2, but with unlocks including weapon customisation and multiple skins for characters.
- In a match, you can earn "Ribbons" for things like kill streaks, saving someone's life, killing your nemesis and such. These will earn you extra XP towards your level.
- Your in game accomplishments also count towards "Medals", which are longer term versions of Ribbons that you build towards match over match, such as a medal related to weapon usage. Once a medal is levelled to a certain point, it unlocks a "Title" for use in multiplayer.
- Some Executions will only be avaliable at a certain level. Once earned, you can earn the ability to continue an execution beyond the normal length of time by earning medals with the weapon related to that execution.
- Executions earn you higher XP than a standard kill. Using extended executions earns you more XP for as long as you stand over them, which obviously leaves you extremely vulnerable.
- Epic will store your entire profile data on their own servers to ensure no profile corruptions / rank losses that happened for some Gears 2 players.
You can level offline, but it is noticeably slower.
Jacinto, the last human city, has been destroyed. The Locust Horde has pushed the Stranded remnants of humanity towards the brink of extinction. And a fearsome new enemy has risen, threatening to destroy them both. The story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad comes to an explosive conclusion in Gears of War 3, arriving exclusively on Xbox 360 in April 2011. hell of a finale.
Here is a little something for the hardcore Gears of War fans out there. As you can see by the picture above the Limited Edition Gears of War 3 Xbox 360 is quite sexy, but how much will this little number set you back? First let us inform you that the Xbox 360 you see above will be available for retail and is not one of those custom paint jobs you may find out there.
The Gears of War 3 Xbox 360 will come with 2 custom wireless controllers a 320GB hard drive a wired headset built in Wi-Fi of course and a standard copy of Gears of War 3. Thats not all the bundle will also include a download token for bonus game content including the Infected Omen Weapon Pack and the Adam Fenix character for use in multiplayer. The Infected Omen Weapon Pack which will gives us the infected omen skin for use on the five starting weapons: Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Gransher, and Sawed-Off Shotgun. Plus the power and eject buttons have been customized with unique sounds from Gears of War!
Now for the price tag. The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Gears of War 3 bundle will set you back $399 and will be available at most retailers September 20, 2011. So what if you just bought a new console or the price tag may be out of reach for you? Dont worry you will be able to purchase the Gears of War 3 Xbox 360 wireless controller for $59.99 if that is more in your price range.
The new NECA Gears of War 3 Retro Lancer replica is now available in several pre-order bundle options at Gamestop, including:
Gears of War 3
Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
Gears of War 3 Epic Edition
Of course you can always purchase the stand alone Retro Lancer as well, available 9/13.
Dubbed the Retro Lancer during the Lambent Invasion, the Pendulum Wars Lancer **** Rifle was the preceding model to the Lancer **** Rift. Used primarily in the Pendulum Wars as the COG soldiers primary choice weapon, it was abandoned about a year after Emergence Day because the weapon was ineffective to the Locust Hordes fighting tactics. However, following the Sinking of Jacinto when supplies started becoming sparse, the Retro Lancer started cropping up in fighting forces once again
- Created from the actual 3D data used by Epic Games in the Gears of War 3 video game
- Over 3 1/2 Feet in Length
- Trigger Activates Machine Gun Sound Effect
- Hand Painted with weathered and battle worn detail
- UK Version in Gold.
1. GAMESTOP- COMMANDO DOM; gamestop.ca/gs/images/bonus/gear...nus_LG.jpg
2. BEST BUY- MECHANIC BAIRD; bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jse...amp;ks=960
3. AMAZON- SAVAGE KANTUS; amazon.com/Gears-War-3-Xbox-360/...amp;sr=8-1
4. WALMART- SAVAGE GRENADIER ELITE; walmart.com/ip/Gears-of-War-3-Ep...0/16203902
- Marcus Fenix
- Civilian Marcus
- Dominic Santiago
- Commando Dom (Gamestop exclusive)
- Civilian Dom
- Augustus Cole
- Bling Cole (Actually name of skin unconfirmed this is only a nickname.)
- Thrashball Cole (Cole-Train) (Unlocked via beta)
- Civilian Cole
- Damon Baird
- Mechanic Baird (Best Buy exclusive)
- Anya Stroud
- Samantha Byrne
- Jace Stratton
- Clayton Carmine
- Bernadette Mataki
- Dizzy Wallin (unlockable through multiplayer progression)
- COG Gear (Unlockable through multiplayer progression)
- Richard Prescott (CTL and likely available in all game types)
- Victor Hoffman
- Onyx Guard
- Aaron Griffin (Stranded but counts as COG)
- Tai Kaliso (Shown in videos)
- Benjamin Carmine (Shown in videos)
- Adam Fenix (Edition exclusive)
- Queen Myrrah (CTL but likely in all gametypes)
- Theron Guard
- Savage Theron
- Flame grenadier
- Grenadier Elite
- Savage Drone
- Savage Grenadier
- Savage Grenadier Elite (Walmart Exclusive)
- Savage Kantus (Amazon Exclusive)
- Beast Rider
- Locust Miner (Unlockable through Multiplayer progression)
- Locust Hunter (Unlockable through Multiplayer progression)
These are all the CONFIRMED characters:
- Minh Young Kim (Likely to appear back though no confirmation)
- RAAM (Rod was unsure of it although, his return is likely)
- Skorge (Likely I believe Rod said he would but not sure)
- Anthony Carmine (Likely to return, devs have yet to mention him)
- Tortured Tai (Devs said no.)
- Cyclops ( There was a rumor that he would not return but however no confirmation).
Coalition of Ordered Governments (COG):
- Flaming Hammerburst - Play during week 1 of the Beta
- Flaming Sawed Off - Play during week 2 of the beta
- Flaming Lancer - Play during week 3 of the beta
- Flaming Gnasher - Play during week 4 of the beta
- Cole Train (Cole Thrasball suit) - Play 50 matches in the beta, then play 10 matches as Cole Train to unlock for retail
- Gold PLATED Retro Lancer - Play 100 matches in the beta to unlock, get 90 kills with the skin unlocked to unlock for Retail
- Commando Dom - Pre Order Gears of war 3 from Gamestop
- Savage Kantus - Pre Order Gears of war 3 from Amazon
- Savage Grenadier Elite - Pre Order Gears of war 3 from Walmart
- Mechanic Baird - Pre Order Gears of war 3 from Best Buy
- Adam Fenix - Available with the Epic and Limited Editions of Gears of war 3
- Infected Omen Weapon skin for all starting weapons - Available with the Epic and Limited Editions of Gears of war 3 or with the Limited Edition Console
- Infected Omen weapon skin for Lancer - Available with the Limited Edition Gears of war 3 Controller
- Rookie Gear Achievment - Unlocks Chrome plated Hammerburst
- Veteran Gear Achievment - Unlocks Old Guard Medal for Gears 3 retail although Rod said it will be something that if you didnt have it you'd wish you did
- Gears 1 and Gears 2 campaign complete - UNKNOWN
- Gears 1 campaign complete on Windows for Live (PC) - UNKNOWN
Source : Gow website & Youtube