Gears of War 3 Golden Wings Week (first week) gold skins never unlocked.

I pre-ordered Gears of War 3, bought it on 9/20 the day is was released. It was posted all over the internet on the game that when players play online during that week, they will unlock the Gold Lancer and Hammerburst. It seems like the entire Microsoft Support team and Epic Games was unaware of the first week event as non of them are able to help me. I keep getting told about achievements both when I call, or email, even though I never say the word achievement. I even reply back that I'm not having problems with achievements, yet they continue to reply back telling me about achievements.

Now I did play online several times that week on various game modes, including the main story, but the gold weapons never unlocked.

I played online with a friend, and the old weapons did unlock for him. What the hell, that isn't fair.

We both played the beta, and never unlocked gold weapons in previous Gears of War games, so the only explanation is there is a glitch on my saved game somewhere.

Why did this happen to me? Why did I have to pay full price for a game and not be able to access all the content in the game?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I guess this just enforces your point, but I didn't know about this either. Do you have a link to a site advertising this?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the same thing happened to me almost word for word to what you said i have lost all faith in Microsoft they just denied all knowledge of their own promotion i have already emailed them 5 time as well as epic game and spent an hour on the support call centre and nothing

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys! Just to clarify, the skins never unlocked, or they did and you just are having issues using them?

Sorry this didn't help.

this skins NEVER unlocked. The first week Gear of War 3 was released, they had the golden wings week event. It was listed on the in game event calender, Epic announced it on Facebook on their page, it was also announced on the Gears of war fan page. It was listen in forums, and gaming sites all across the internet. I even seen it on Xbox.com a few times.

The event stated that to unlock the gold lancer and hammerburst, simply play an online game by 9/26. I've played several online games, the gold weapon skins never unlocked.

I played with a friend, and they unlocked for him, so a glitch in the game prevented them from unlocking on my end.

Sorry this didn't help.

here is a link talking about the golden wings week  

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/12/gears-of-war-3-gets-golden-launch-week-bonuses/

Sorry this didn't help.

Ghosteye: Thank you for the info, we're going to look into this issue for you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

blood: In order for us to help you with this issue, can you please create your own post and let me know when you purchased the game, when did you completed the requirements, and what unlocks you are missing. Feel free to PM me with a link once you create it. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.