Gears of War 3 - Games on Demand

Anyone know when Microsoft will put Gears of War 3 on the Marketplace? Because, I have a rather large amount of MS Points on my main account and would like to use them on a new game. I also like being able to boot games without a disc. Would make sense for Microsoft to have this in Games on Demand, would certainly generate more revenue.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

About GoW 3, i guess it will be available next year but i really don't know. Depends of MS mood i guess. :-)

Next year for sure.

I don't understand why it isn't there now. In this day and age when a lot of software and games a digitally distributed especially.

[quote user="gumpy joe"]

I don't understand why it isn't there now. In this day and age when a lot of software and games a digitally distributed especially.

[/quote]
Microsoft could build their own Steam-esque store on the Marketplace. Though I suppose they do have Windows Live Games with a store etc. But it would be cool to see new releases thrown onto the Xbox Live Games on Demand on the Xbox itself.

You guys saying "next year" is that just your guess or has their actually been word confirming this?

it will probably be anywhere from 6months- 1yr

Go to a local game retailer or order the game online.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Its better for consumers to have an option to either purchase from marketplace or from stores during launch days. I guess MS have not consider those dorks that are still leaving under their mom's basement

The reason Microsoft won't put new release games on Games on Demand is that they don't want to get offside with the retailers who sell the console. Consoles margins are razer thin so the retailers make their money on games and peripherals.  Electronic Boutique here in Australia would not sell the PSP Go as all games were only available by digital distribution, therefore, they would have essentially made nothing from the console. When eventually all games go downloadable how are retailers going to make money from consoles? This could mean more expensive consoles so there is a margin for the retailers.

[quote user="AvoidThisPlayer"]

You guys saying "next year" is that just your guess or has their actually been word confirming this?

[/quote]Guessing.  Nobody know when it will be.  The most likely time will be next year, because Microsoft won't put a brand new game onto Games on Demand.