gears of war 3 freeze

when i press start on the main menu of gears of war 3 my game says loading gamer profile then the my xbox freezes. and i cleared the system cache and i recovered my profile and it still does not work it just keeps freezing and i just replaced my gears of war 3 game disk with a new disk from gamestop and it still did not work. so if anyone knows how to fix it then please reply thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does the game load properly for other profiles on your console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

After reading all of the posts on this site, wouldn't it be easier (Mister Gwyther) to just say Microsoft and Xbox did something wrong in the last updates and that they are doing everything they can to fix the problems with all of the games freezing i.e. (GOW3). and stop telling everyone to change things or switch profiles or delete save files. Come on man at least give half way helpful information instead of leading people down a wayward path.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. Have replaced the disk 3 times. Have cleared the system cache. Cannot install on HDD either.  It appears to be a console problem, although all other games work fine. Time to speak to Consumer Affairs as the  console is no longer fit for purpose.

Sorry this didn't help.

Paint: With all due respect, collecting information from the users is a valuable asset in determining and fixing the problem at hand. Also, simply logging into a different profile and trying the game there is a relatively simple step, wouldn't you agree?

griff: Why can't you install the game, just HDD space or do you get an error? Also, if all your other games are working properly, I'm not sure I'd jump to a complete console issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am experiencing a very similar problem.  Initially, the game would freeze while trying to load a multiplayer game (horde, beast, and campaign all behaved the same).  And by freeze I mean the console locked up solid: no response from any button, including the Guide button.  I tried multiple discs, multiple XBoxes, multiple controllers, re-downloaded my profile from XBox live, clearing the cache, even deleting my save data from the memory unit.  I also tried moving the profile from a USB Memory Stick to and from the hard drive, all with the same result.

I spoke on the phone with several guys from the XBox Support team, and one of them was able to offer a suggestion that almost worked for me, and may help someone else.

1. Start from the Dashboard and sign out of all accounts

2. Still with no account signed in, start Gears of War 3 and begin a new campaign

3. While the game is loading (before the opening cinematic), quickly sign in to the profile experiencing the freeze

4. The game will go back to the main menu because the number of people signed in has changed

As I said, this almost worked for me.  The game stopped freezing while trying to load game types, but now it freezes during gameplay, and never in the same place twice.  Most often it happens at the end of a wave of beast or horde mode, but I can not find any consitency.  Also, now my ammo counter is gone and when I shoot things (like a wall or an enemy) a series of numbers scrolls up my screen from bottom to top, and even affects my friends screen during split-screen play.  This looks like debug information used by the developers, but I can not be sure of that.  Any other thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

My husband and I were having the same issue. He deleted all his saved info and that seemed to work for him but mine is still freezing. I tried Sgt Milkweed's suggestion and also got the same new glitch that he has. Now I am not sure what to do and am quite annoyed. Bugs happen. But I would like to seem some acknowledgement from either Microsoft or Epic that they are aware of this large bug and are trying to fix it. I have seen several posts about others having this problem but no one seems to have been given any solutions. One poor guy has been locked up for 10 days. I honestly have no idea what to do now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I believe I have found a better solution, thanks to Croner X.  I tried his solution, and was able to play Horde for over an hour before my room-mate and I got tired of trying to kill Lambent Zerkers in the first Boss Wave.  I will have to try it again to make sure it was not a one-time fix, but I hope it helps the rest of you.

Croner X's solution:

forums.xbox.com/.../102749.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

My 360 freezes at the same time while it loads the player profile after you push start. Everything worked fine last week :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone ever realize how it is ONLY Gears of War 3 that freezes your entire console? Every other game that does that if you hit the guide button you hear it pulling up but it doesn't do anything so then it freezes the console. But with Gears of War 3 it doesn't even make the guide pulling up sound. It is a complete console freeze. Come on Epic Games learn how to make a game that has NO issues with the console freezing or massive lag.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this issue too.  My husband and I where playing the game over on a new save and was fine.  Then three days ago my account would freeze the system if I logged in.  Its only the gears games.  All of them in fact.  Dare I say this seems to be a problem on Epic's side.  I have deleted the cache and even my profile.  I still cant get it to work.  Also I have tried the suggested solution above.  No new problems but this did nothing for me either.  I am stuck and unable to play gears.  

Sorry this didn't help.