Gears of War 3- cant purchase or pick up items in Horde

Hi,

I've been playing Horde on GOW 3 for the last few weeks & loving it! two days ago, was playing an on-line game on x-box live and during a Horde match I was suddenly unable to pick up weapons or purchase items. Game still plays, & resets my ammo after each wave. I'm unable to build fortifications tho, & the only thing I can do with cash earned is to give it to other players. Same with private games on my console only. I have two copies of the game (2 xboxes) and both work fine in my son's console, and he has no problem going on-line- game works normally for him. when we play system link horde, he has no issues, but my problems remain.

Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I've never heard of this issue before.  Does this glitch only happen in Horde mode, or does it also happen in Campaign and Multplayer?

I'd try clearing your console's cache and seeing if that helps.  Hit the Guide button and go to the Settings tab.  Then select System Settings.  Select Memory, and highlight your Xbox 360's harddrive.  Press the Y button and select Clear System Cache.  Confirm it, then try playing Gears of War 3 again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Cleared the Cache, no difference. Yep, it also happens on the campaign & in multiplayer.

Help!

Help!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, XRAY! I want to try and rule out the obvious before we get too into this: have you tried a different controller? If that's not the issue, let me know. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Just tried that, no difference. I'm thinking I might have to clean off the hard drive & start over. Is there a way to protect/ save the downloadable content (DLC) i have? Is there a way to just wipe Gears 3 & start fresh? Will I lose my experience points, etc?

HEEEELP!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

The DLC is yours as long as you aren't permanently suspended. You can delete and redownload it as many times as you like. Not entirely sure where your Gears 3 stats are stored ala COD or if they're all player side.

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone with ideas? Game still will not let me pick up weapons or purchase items in on-line or off-line play. Its like the item isnt even there, tho I can see it clearly on-screen.

Help!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey XRAY, did you ever try deleting all of your save data for the game? If you don't want to lose it, perhaps try backing it up to a USB drive configured for use with Xbox 360, and then delete the content. Please let us know if this helps the pickup issue.

Sorry this didn't help.