Gears Of War 2 Game Data And Online Rank Deleted.

Hello,

I have sent emails and messages to Epic games and Microsoft and they have told me that I must come here to get my problem resolved.

Basically they told me that I "may" have breached the terms of use. However I don't know how I could have done that.

If someone could please help me get some facts about how it happened and how it can be fixed it will be greatly appreciated.

I believe I have done nothing to delete both my campaign data, my Seriously 2.0 and my online Rank. I have been working so hard to get these achievements, I only have 2 left, and I need 1 (Veteran Gear) for Gears of War 3.

What happened Prior to the deletion was:

July 4th event. Grind Experience from level 52 to level 70.

Turned off the Xbox.

Next day checked to see if the event was still on, played a match of Horde, the event was over, I then quit the game and exited to the Dashboard.

Everything was fine until yesterday when I put the disc in and I went on horde and everything was deleted.

There was no updated inbetween of any sort. This has happened to me before. About a year ago my Game data was deleted due to a title update. That hasn't happened this so I am wondering why this has happened.

I don't really care about my save game but if it were at all possible to get both seriously 2.0 and my level 70 rank that would be great. My rank is the only thing of real importance here. I doubt this but if you could also get my save game data back thank you.

If you need any more information from me please let me know.

GamerTag: x Vicious Babe

Sincerely yours,

Kristy.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This can happen if you exit the game or power off your console before returning to the game's main menu. Always do that before leaving a game of Gears of War 2 and the problem should not reoccur.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I never exit the game or power off unless I am in the main menu. Am I going to get some kind of mod to reply back to me or is this only for the public, because I was brought here to get someone to look into this.

Sorry this didn't help.

The official Microsoft support agents (those who have the Level of S) tend to lurk rather than post.

I'm sorry that all this message will do is keep your problem at the top of the posted threads.

Sorry this didn't help.

To be clear, Babe, is your saved data for that game currently missing as well? You can find out by accessing your memory device under 'System Settings,' and checking that specific game folder. If it is missing, I'm afraid that would explain where your rank and progress got off to, as those items are stored in memory, rather than online. What kind of memory device are you using currently?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am using the xbox's internal harddrive, and yes the save game data is still there, 2MB's big...

Sorry this didn't help.

And you're not having any issues loading your game saves or profile outside of multiplayer? In what fashion did they say you 'may' have violated the Terms of Use?

Sorry this didn't help.

All of my game saves are gone, and basically everything that is connected to it like how many units I have killed in total. When they told me about violating the Terms of Use I think they just meant it was the only logical explanation as to why this has happened. Although I don't hack, let alone, know how to.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay. At this point, it doesn't seem to be a memory issue (as the other associated data is still present), nor does it appear to be a ToU issue, as you haven't broken any of the game's rules. I know Epic directed you to these forums, but as the issue is specific to that game only, I'm afraid they're the only team that will be able to provide more info.

Sorry this didn't help.

dude  i know how u feel same here i got soo mich achivements reached lvl 43 or so on 4 of july and then BOOM everything is deleted and noone can fix this problem, im sad

Sorry this didn't help.