Gears De-Rank

Hello, My level in Gears of War 3 has been De-ranked due to suspicious activity, although i have not been a participant in any un official or suspicious activity, in fact.

In addition its not a complete level reset only my Silverback Fortification level has been De-Ranked.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey StormTrooper301, You  would have to check out Epic Games forums, xbox doesn't handle the  ranking system in Gears Of War 3 forums.epicgames.com/.../5-Gears-of-War

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Usually if you have been de-ranked for a misdemeanor that you haven't committed, it will usually but not always be caused by someone reporting you in game. Maybe someone who you repeatedly killed and was feeling sore about it. As rckstrdude said, raise the issue on the Epic forums and see if it can be resolved, or alternatively tweet @iFlak with your query, If she's online, she should be able to help out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there STORMTROOPER301, I'm a big player of Gears Of War 3 and have never been reset, being reset on gears 3 rarely means you have cheated, usually it means you have turned off / removed disc while the game has been saving/updating stats, if this happens and you login to the game and you have been reset, do not play a match type of any sort otherwise you lose any chance of getting back your previous rank ect, firstly, recover your gamertag, once thats done you should have your stats back, i also recommend logging into the game and playing a match and then once its done go back to the logo screen and exit to dashboard, launch the game again but use cloud storage or USB storage and play a match doing that, this will create a backup save on the USB/Cloud of your exact same level as on your HDD, because your stats will be downloaded from the gears 3 servers, only do this the way i have said as these stats are only stored for a couple of hours so you can do this.

its very rare people get level reset unless you didn't play the game, for example "reconnaissance boosting" or leaving your character to spin in online matches while your AFK.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you accept an invite to GoW3 while you are at the Dashboard to join a multiplayer match, this sometimes causes problems. My friend had a similar issue while he was re-up level 2 rank 70. Another problem is playing offline. If you play offline for awhile and decide to jump online again in GoW3, for some odd reason they think you are trying to boost. Yet again causing a reset.

Sorry this didn't help.