Gaming Couples Unite!

Haha sorry for the goofy title.

My girlfriend and I are moving into a new apartment together and are thinking it might be cool to setup a room for our gaming habits. So I wanted to extend a request to any other gaming couples to see what your setups look like. Do you play in the same room or different? 2 TV's Side by side or on adjacent sides of the rooms?

Just looking for ideas. So throw some ideas at me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd kill for a girl that was into gaming, you lucky dog.   Mines into football and Batman though so I'll take that.

Edit:  American Football for my European, and well everyone else in the world, friends. 

When my girlfriend and I game together, we do it on the same TV. However, this is only because the only game she plays is Left 4 Dead 2. So we split screen whenever we play. If you two will be playing separate games, I would do separate TVs side by side so that it is easier to set up in terms of wires and connections and such (ethernet, router, outlets etc etc). Across the room might make it hard for wires.

Yeah side by side seemed to be the way I was leaning towards as well. Whether it be the same game or two separate i think being able to play on the same couch would be more enjoyable. Trying to think of some ways to make it look alright though... kinda hard to put two tv's on the same stand

[quote user="Wolftrap"]

Yeah side by side seemed to be the way I was leaning towards as well. Whether it be the same game or two separate i think being able to play on the same couch would be more enjoyable. Trying to think of some ways to make it look alright though... kinda hard to put two tv's on the same stand

[/quote]

Yea, side by side would be best. That way if the game supports it you could even do a system link.

When I play with my girlfriend, which is exclusively on the Wii or on GTA IV, it's always on the same screen, either split screen or taking turns. Side by side is the best way to play with the types of stuff we play. Anything involving more than 1 TV or console would be a little hardcore.

Me and my boyfriend would just play on separate tvs in the same room

My wife doesn't play many multiplayer games but when we do we have a second box setup in the bedroom. Works out better on two separate tv's.

My girlfriend and I just play on different tvs in different countries. It works pretty good.

-

But on a more serious note. Me and my GF split screened in a couple games. Nothing like left for dead and black Ops zombies with your loved one haha. She wasn't much of a gamer so she was a noob. It was quite amusing to watch her play Call of Duty. :)

^^

Different countries? LOL.

-

14 years...and I'm still single. Haha.

Hahaha yea, my XBL GF is in Canada. ;)