Gaming Competitions

I have been speaking with someone re: gaming competitions, specifically Call of Duty. He is 17 but says Microsoft pays for air travel / hotel to these conventions. If they pay for this, does the gamer need to bring their console / equipment?   Do they also require an adult to go with him?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm assuming it is all up to the group that is doing the competition to do that, even then I am also assuming that people would need to buy they're own plane tickets, hotel rooms, ect.

I don't know if microsoft has ever even had a gaming competition like this where they have an all expenses payed competition aka vacation.

^^ This +1

Microsoft DOES NOT SPONSOR GAMERS the person your are speaking with is talking out this @@@. Please ignore him. Also, you have to be 18+ to compete in LAN tournaments (most "major" ones)

[quote user="ComedyInK"]

Microsoft DOES NOT SPONSOR GAMERS the person your are speaking with is talking out this @@@. Please ignore him. Also, you have to be 18+ to compete in LAN tournaments (most "major" ones)

[/quote]

I was under the impression that all you had to do was get parental consent to attend tournaments under 18.

@ OP, I used to be interested in going to gaming tournaments, and I don't think any are sponsored by Microsoft in the way you claim, and I highly doubt that they pay much in the way of travel expenses.

^

It depends I guess. One's that gamestop host, you have to be 18 in order to signup.

i think you got trolled.

what gaming competitions can i go to in lundon

you might just end up in scotland..as you dont even know how to spell london..spend more time on your school work rather than video games.

I wanna join a noscope tourny an be sponsered. I can even haz quickscope with L97.