Gaming and RSI

Since about 2 weeks I have been experiencing RSI symptons due to work related computer use.

As a result of this I have not played on my X360 and PS3 for the past 10 days which really blows.

I was wondering if any of you have experienced a similar situation?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I get RLS when I lay games or use a computer for long times. Not the same thing but someone should definetly due a study about gaming and stress related medical conditions.

RSI is an abreviation for the medical condition known as Repetitive Strain Injury.

It occurs when you perform allot of the same actions such as mouse clicking, keyboard typing and controller pad wiggling.

Usually arms,shoulders or neck are affected and it is quite painful I can tell you.

What I can advise all of you is to do stretches for your arms on a regular basis when gaming or computing.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="Total Sickboy"]Hey there dude, whats RSI?[/quote]

repetative stress injury

[/quote]

Oh i see, cheers for that. I think i already answered his question then lol

[quote user="Total Sickboy"]Hey there dude, whats RSI?[/quote]

repetative stress injury

Hey there dude, whats RSI?

When i was using a computer a lot creating websites, i found that my eyes would be really tired afterwards, and towards the end of the day. I know you are supposed to take rest periods while using a computer, but for me, that has never really worked. 

Like you, i stopped playing my xbox in the week at that time, and just played on the weekends. I tried to rest my eyes a bit in the week lol