GameStop is 'exclusive' place to pre-order Black Ops Annihilation DLC

This has got to be the funniest thing i've read today.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/17/gamestop-is-exclusive-place-to-pre-order-black-ops-annihilatio/

GameStop has announced that it will be the "exclusive" pre-order destination for the upcoming "Annihilation" DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Typically, this is where we would make fun of the concept of pre-ordering DLC. Just to outline the process again:

• Visit GameStop store and pre-order DLC
  • Wait until release day
  • Receive download voucher from GameStop
  • Enter code and enjoy

Now, contrast this with purchasing the DLC on release day via Xbox Live:

• Sit on couch
  • Press "A" button

We should point out that, unlike GameStop's Halo: Reach DLC promotion, an Annihilation pre-order doesn't even come with any bonuses. That said, GameStop sold a quarter-million vouchers for the Black Ops "Escalation" DLC, so what do we know?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Pretty funny stuff, but I like the idea of preordering that stuff. I wish Microsoft gave us the option for it on Xbox Live.

I think Steam does that.

Pre-purchase and usually steam takes off 10% to those who do so. That would be an awesome idea , but c'mon this just dosen't make any sense. This is going BACKWARDS. The dlc  will already be available to all like 50 billion consoles, not having to go to a store to purchase a code. I just don't see the logic in this, unless you get some sort of colored name or gun, or even an extra "exclusive" map, it just isn't worth it.

LOL they are letting you pre-order DLC now?  Thats kind of silly.  I didn't know DLC could sell out and be hard to find on release day.

[quote user="FFFreak1129"]

LOL they are letting you pre-order DLC now?  Thats kind of silly.  I didn't know DLC could sell out and be hard to find on release day.

[/quote]

That's not really the point of preordering. Hasn't been for a very long time.

Pre-ordering DLC that comes out at the same time for everyone else digitally? I don't even....

which blundering imbosile would buy the DLC instore ... if its just a DLC token .. ...

I just don't get the point of preordering DLC.

Might as well buy it on the marketplace when it comes out.

rather funny because people had problems getting their pre order codes and ended it up getting it after everyone else who probably didnt preorder the DLC. irony?

Who cares its COD related.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

Pretty funny stuff, but I like the idea of preordering that stuff. I wish Microsoft gave us the option for it on Xbox Live.

I think Steam does that.

[/quote]

They do, and you almost always get something special, whether it be other game/s and/or a discounted price.