Gamestation Bad Service

Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with Gamestation when buying new games instore?

I purchased a brand new game from there today and had to take it back as it had scratches on it. Told by the assistant that there were no scratches but she then decided to put it in the scratch removal machine. I then left the shop, looked at the disc and it still had scratches on it. I went back in and spoke to the manager who said theres no scratches, I pointed the scratches out. I asked for a exchange and without saying anything he went and opened one of the drawers, looked through and said theres no more, I then asked for a refund, he said is your xbox so fragile that it wont play if theres a scratch on the disc. I finally got my refund and left.

If you purchase a brand new game you expect it to be in mint condition.

Anyone else had any bad experiences?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Absolutely, you did the right thing. I would have gone back at midnight and burned that place down for extra good measure but that's just me.

The service has always been terrible in gamestation.

luckily its part of the game group and will probably be closing down really soon if todays reports on sky news are to be believed.

I refuse to buy a New release title if it is not still factory sealed

lol sounds like Gamestop and their shady practice of opening Games and selling them as New Retail Games. As others have said, Factory Seal or it's not New.

There's nothing "shady" about it. They get a batch of games and they open one of the games and put the empty box on the shelf. They can't keep the game in there and have it on display because someone could steal it. Yeah, it's true. Sometimes the employees take the game home and play it. It's not like they're roughing it up when they get it, though. They bring it back and most customers can't even tell it was used. Besides. You don't have to buy that copy if you don't want to. If you bring the box to the counter, the clerk assumes you want that copy and that's what they give you. All you have to do is ask for one of the sealed copies that (most Game Stop stores) keep in their glass case behind the counter.

If it's a popular game and all they have left is that copy, well, who's fault is that for not pre-ordering? Honestly, you should consider yourself lucky to get the last copy. Like I said, though. You don't have to buy it! There's dozens of other stores out there. Also, it never hurts to call in advance and ask if they have the game you're looking for..

[quote user="Kinectimal"]There's nothing "shady" about it. They get a batch of games and they open one of the games and put the empty box on the shelf.[/quote]

gamestation are actually given extra empty display cases with there orders and they are usually in the store before the release date and put on the shelf as a pre-order display,they even get paid for advertising the game in this way,they do not need to open any boxes.

supermarkets and other "none game" stores may still do it but gamestation don`t.

I bought SSX from Grainger Games, took the empty box from the shelf, took it to the counter, the pig ugly lass just took a disc from the draw, and put it in the case, I asked is that a new copy and she said yes, I asked why isn't it sealed, she said thats the way they got delivered.

-

Never bought anything from GG before, only went there because GAME were out of stock, but won't bw going back, if Game close down, i'll go to HMV.

Amazon ftw.

[quote user="Kinectimal"]There's nothing "shady" about it...[/quote]There most certainly is. If I open anything, it's Used, period. What makes anyone else think they can open something but still charge "new" price for it?!

Everytime I go to Gamestation they make it feel like it's a real chore to sell a game with their dull and glum faces. The time when the friendly Gamestation man talked to me for about 10 minutes about how he didn't like the game I was buying and preferred GoW and other TPS is an exception.