Games you buy, that are still not yours

I've had a Xbox Live Account for almost 4 yrs ,but yet when my internet goes down i can't play Magic: The Gathering, Even though i've had  an Xbox Live account such a long time, if my IP goes down then i lose the ability to play a game i have paid for. I will not be buying Magic: The Gathering 2012 for this reason. I suggest others be very careful when buying an Arcade Game from Microsoft and find out if you can play it while offline also. Why should i be punished for my ISP being screwed up, by also not being able to play a game that i paid for.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

How about you hold the blame until you actually find out what your issue is?

Have you changed consoles since you purchased Magic the Gathering? If so then you need to do a license migration to associate your DLC with that new console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have never changed Consol's, the Microsoft person that i talked to on the phone said that's the way some licenses are on Arcade games, hence my complaint

Sorry this didn't help.

Then your complaint should be aimed at M:TG's developers/publishers for including that piece of DRM in the first place.

Sorry this didn't help.

All good, i am just boycotting games that have DRM's as a lot of people have said on the websites i have seen. I've spent $1,000's on games in the last couple years...They won't go under just because of me, but might put a small scratch in things. There are a couple websites out there that list all the games with DRM's just in case anyone else feels the same way. Even Leo Laporte from Twit.TV said the same thing

Sorry this didn't help.

I played Bejeweled 2 offline all of the time.  But games I bought on another console, under a different GT, I can't.  But it doesn't bother me.

Sorry this didn't help.

What happens when Xbox 360 Live goes down just like the Xbox Servers did? You lose all the games you paid for that have a DRM?

Sorry this didn't help.

KenzaZo: Did you originally purchase the game on another console, or have you sent the console in for repair at any time since purchasing the game? Either way, you could try a license transfer to your console anyway, just to clear up any discrepancies there might be on your account.

Sorry this didn't help.

I will try that Thanx...i think it's been repaired 3x's and i know one time they had to replace it, but not sure if it was before or after this game. I really would like to know what happens though when Xbox Live for 360 goes down and say i have to buy another 360 console and i'm not able to migrate anything or my internet is down if i will still be able to play these Xbox 360 Arcade or Digital Downloaded games. I reallly have put a lot into my Xbox 360 in which i have about 100 games between Arcade and actual Discs.

Sorry this didn't help.