Games won't update

My Xbox will install the games offline, but when I reconnect online the game will jump from 0-97 percent and then will not go any further. It'll queue and then eventually just stop, and then after this it requires me to re install it offline. I haven't seen any advice on this anywhere :/

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Your installation reaches the point of requiring an update which represents that remaining percentage, I assume. Are you able to try a full installation while connected to Live? In which case the downloadable update is done first and then the installation; you can play after a certain point following that while it continues to install.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No if i try to do the install while connected to live it stays at 0%, so i do it offline and it completely downloads but then when i reconnect to xbox live it goes back to 97% and wont go any further. I have been unable to play online at all so far

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Visionz! How long have waited for the game to go past 0% or 97%? It may help to cycle your network hardware and console:

• Hold the power sensor on your console for 5 seconds to shut it down.
  • Unplug the power supply.
  • Unplug your modem and router from power for a full 2 minutes.
  • Plug your modem back in and restart. Let it start up completely, and then do the same for your router.
  • Plug in your Xbox One console and reboot.
  • Launch the game and finish the installation.

Let us know how it goes!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Meta Visionz"]
No if i try to do the install while connected to live it stays at 0%, so i do it offline and it completely downloads but then when i reconnect to xbox live it goes back to 97% and wont go any further. I have been unable to play online at all so far
[/quote]

It's staying at 0% because it downloads the update at a lower rate than the game installs from the disc. As suggested by Misses Joust, try it again after cycling your network hardware and console, and just exercise patience when it gets stuck. It's just the downloading part.

It could help your download speed to have your Xbox One as the only device connected to your network while it's doing the download if that's something that may concern you. 

Sorry this didn't help.