Games won't install

I'm having an issue where every time I put a disc in the Xbox one, it says that it has started installing the disc but it doesn't install at all. It says that installation has started and to check my games and apps. When I go to my games and apps nothing is there, and it says 'install disc' in the small square on the home page where the game pin is. My discs are obviously clean and I am connected to the internet. Why is this happening and how can I fix it so I can actually start installing my games and hopefully playing them before I lose my mind. Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 672 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm having the same issue very frustrating

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We had that, i just restarted the router then the xbox, also clicked pause and resume download a few times, it took about 20 mins on assassins creed for it to get to 1 percent, just be patient if the console isnt frozen it is probably still working but it does seem to automatically que downloads while you are doing them so keep an eye that isnt happening, if it does just resume it

Sorry this didn't help.

For some other people it helped installing the games while being disconnected from the Internet at that time. Lets US know if it helped, crossing fingers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea it installs the game update from the internet before installing the actual game of the disc itself and the servers are pretty loaded atm

Sorry this didn't help.

If you disconnect from your network and instal from the disc it will go a lot quicker. Steps 1. Cancel the current download. 2. Disconnect from network. 3. Clear the system cashe by holding the Xbox button on the console for 10 sec's. Then turn the console back on make sure your not connected to a network and then instal from the disc. When you reconnect to your network after the instal it will offer a game update but that will go quicker than the install.   - do what this guy said! works perfectly! (Superhugmonkey)

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems to be the answer for now. I'm suggesting trying this it seems logical to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's confirmed it work. So I guess you guys can do this for the moment.

Sorry this didn't help.

That doesn't work for me.

First time experience, downloaded day one patch all good, all fine, smooth sailing.

Before I put Dead Rising 3 Disc in, I redeem the day one DLC code, all good, super cool Kinect camera for recognizing the barcode when I wasn't really even holding it steadily yet.

Pop the Dead Rising 3 Disc in, game says it needs to download a 600mb+ patch, so I say yes, it downloads.

Game then tries to install, gets to 80% (roughly) and says "Installation failed"......

Try to install the game again, now it needs to download the 600mb+ update again apparently.

Game installation sits on 0% for 30mins, I cancel installation and try again.

Installation sits at 0% for 15mins, I cancel, try again.

Installation sits at 0% for 5mins, I cancel, I restart the system and try again.

Installation gets to 2% after 45mins. I cancel, that is NOT acceptable, especially when my friends have had no drama's.

I remove the disc, turn off wireless as I figured it's trying to download the entire game (hence the slooooow installation), try to install, it is going fast (yay!)....gets to 60% "Installation failed".....WHAT!?

I try again, now it's "Queued" and at 0%.......really? it's queued and i'm offline?!

I jump online, find potential solutions online like in this thread, try solution out, installation is queued for 15mins, then starts installing, then fails again, only this time I see it has an error code with it, saying there is a problem accessing a network connection. ERROR CODE: 0x80070079

I connect online again....installation is sitting on 0% after 2 hours.......

I am trying very hard not to be abusive right now. I generally don't get angry, it takes a hell of a lot. But this is making me furious. Sort this crap out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Otreum,

Man this sounds really frustrating. Let's see what we can do.

Is this happening only for DR3, or is it for all games? Also, after canceling the install, are you holding the power button for 5 seconds to clear the cache? 

Let us know, and we can work from there.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issues, I was able to get Ryse to install and play while offline, but as soon as I reconnected to the internet, it said this game needs an update to play. So I started the update and now its been stuck at 20% for an hour.

Sorry this didn't help.