Games with Party Chat Blocked

Hi there,

I know the Party Chat vs Game Chat discussion seems to be a Marmite type chat - you either love Party Chat cos it means you dont have to listen to annoying online players or you hate it cos lobbies/games are now silent if you don't happen to have lots of mates that play online gaming.

I am the latter and so was just wondering if anyone knows of any current games where party chat is disabled?

Cheers,

Charlie

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 91 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dark Souls.

Haha! there is no in game chat either smart ***!

Thanks for the replies guys.  Are there any other shooters where everyone is not in Party Chat.  Played 4 hours of BF3 the other night and not a single person chatting ...

Wish they would have an option to join games with party chat disabled, so that people who don't have mates who play xbox live can still meet other gamers...

[quote user="Charlie 1977 UK"]

Thanks for the replies guys.  Are there any other shooters where everyone is not in Party Chat.  Played 4 hours of BF3 the other night and not a single person chatting ...

Wish they would have an option to join games with party chat disabled, so that people who don't have mates who play xbox live can still meet other gamers...

[/quote]

Don't worry about meeting Friends so much, it will happen (even with Party Chat). People still FR other Players first and foremost because they enjoy playing Games with them.

[quote user="Charlie 1977 UK"]

[/quote]

If you need friends to play with these forums are a wonderful place to make new friends. You can try these places too...

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/134.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/20.aspx

There are game-modes in MW2 in which party chat was disabled.    I forget about Black ops.

Search and Destroy for Black Ops is disabled.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I personally prefer party chat. There are just some gamers that I don't want to ever hear.

Even though the chances of meeting one are small, my luck always brings them to me.

Cheers for the replies everyone,

Think I will give MW a look as well.  I hear what you are all saying about Party Chat but personally I used to really find it amusing when 8 of you were playing RB6 BA (4 vs 4) and you could talk to your team (and only your team) during a game and then fire banter between teams in the lobby after each game...

... guess the banter with strangers seems to be something that has gone with Party Chat.  Just hope they offer party chat vs non-party chat games in the future - that way everyone will be happy :-)

Cheers again,

Charlie

The issue isn't always about finding friends to play with. I have a pretty full friends list that goes back 8 years. The problem is, my play schedule is so random due to work, relationship and new baby that I cannot really rely on my friends list. A lot of times, my friends are not even on, meaning when I can't get on until 4am or have to play really early at like 10 in the morning, I am stuck playing alone. While I don't think the party feature should be blocked, I do feel that private chat should not be its primary function. While a party is in a game, it should be public by default with the option to change it to private and even extra filtering options.