Games with gold

We have a Japanese 360 in addition to our American 360 consoles.  We migrated one of our gold accounts to japan region and for some reason despite having a Japanese x-box and games with gold saying Halo 3 is available for free we cant download it with our japanese account we get an 80150017 error.  Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 76 Applies to:

Are you physically in japan?

In order to download halo 3 your account region and actual region must match

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

physically no, but the xbox is a Japanese xbox ordered from play asia and it plays japanese region discs (we bought it just to do that).  To download the digital copy of tomb raider that came with the value pack we had to migrate one of our gold account to Japan region to complter the download.  Now we see that Halo 3 is available for free, but we get that error when trying to download it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ya with halo games as required by certain countries it is region locked your account region must match your actual region

and even then I cant say for sure if it will play on a japanese console

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey I am in the Bahamas and I am also trying to download halo 3 but I'm getting the same error...I check my accounts settings and the regions are the same , I also have a us Xbox ...? Any help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Perhaps I should spell it out a little clearer.

We are located physically in the USA

We have several USA consoles but decided to buy a Japanese console to be able to play region coded discs from Japan.  When the value pack arrived we had to migrate one of our gold accounts to the Japan region to be able to redeem the digital download code for Tomb Raider which came with the console from Japan.  It was the only way to solve the issue of being able to redeem the code.  Now when trying to redeem the Games with Gold game for this half of the month we are getting an error associated with region code problems.  The Xbox and the gold account are both Japanese and the Game is the Japanese version of Halo 3.  It's listed as free from the Japanese xbox live marketplace, but when we attempt to download it we get the error.  

Sorry this didn't help.

As ngocphi said, it's because your account region does not match your physical location. With region locked content your account region has to match your physical location. It doesn't matter that your console is Japanese or that the game is available from the Japanese marketplace. Because you are in the US and your account is set to Japan, it will block you for being able to download region locked content.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is the accounts region is japan...it had to be migrated to be able to download the digital content which came with the value pack.  We have been able to download and play region locked japanese content from the xbox live marketplace which we wouldn't normally even be able to see if we hadn't migrated the account to japan (i.e. GAL GUN).  Just not able to get games with gold freebie Halo3.

Sorry this didn't help.

you mean REGION coded games not region locked

ALL region locked content you must be in the home region

REGION CODED games only requires a game from the correct marketplace or disk format as they wouldn't be availabvle in other regions marketplaces

the issue is you are trying to access halo 3 Japanese locked content in US that is a Region Mismatch which is why you are getting that error

you need to have the halo 3 us content in the US which wouldn't cause a mismatch

it is always recommended you buy content from your actual region

playasia has their own listings oif region free disk however content is not available in all regions

if I were you i'd just use one of your US accounts on the Japanese console to see if it works to download it should however you MIGHT get the wrong region code error

in which case you need to be in japan to download the Japanese region locked content

Sorry this didn't help.

you can access Japanese content from any console in the world with a Japanese account

however You cant access Japanese region locked content without being in japan

not all content is region locked

but every marketplace including japan does have their own region specific content a lot of Japanese games for example

those can only be access from their native regions marketplace

however you can only access their native regions locked content from inside their country

and you didn't use the migration tool correctly

the migration tool isn't meant to gain access to content you aren't supposed to have access to

you would've been better off creating a account in that region but you will always have the region lock error on certain content

international laws don't go away

you have to follow them

Sorry this didn't help.