Games to get, picky players :)

Hello,

I acquired an XBOX 360 console few days ago. I'm having some trouble in deciding what games to get, since I'm a student I'd really like to make good choices and not throw money away. I hope you can suggest me physical versions of games as well as downloadable. I would also like to play games with my wifey, co-op or not. We have pretty much the same taste in games.

Here is what I consider the best games I've ever played on any platform, if it helps:

- Mega Man classic series and anything NES for that matter (I grew up with the system)
- Condemned 1
- Grand Theft Auto: SA
- Midnight Club II
- Hitman Blood Money
- Deus Ex: HR
- Binding of Isaac
- Fallout 3 / Vegas
- Super Meat Boy
- Max Payne 1, 2
- GRID
- Portal 1,2
- LIMBO
etc.

We have these games:

- Mega Man 9 & 10
- Quarrel
- Castle Crashers

We love these kind of games:

- Indie
- Platformer
- Trivia & (board games..maybe.)
- Strategy
- Beat em up's
- Racing
- Fighting..? 
- Co-ops & local multiplayer games 

If even one of these things are in the game that you might suggest, forget it:

- It's an FPS
- It has also been released for the PC
- It's a simulator
- It has a VERY bad replay value
- It's Bomberman, a Forza, Skyrim, Bubble Bobble, Raskulls, Rez, You don't know jack, Scott Pilgrim, a Street Fighter, a Need for Speed
- It has to do with creating music or singing

And if it helps, we are both 24-years old.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can't go wrong with Fallout games or Deus Ex (but it sounds like you've already played them).

Best advice, hit up the game marketplace and start downloading all the demos you can. You're bound to find something you'll like.

Have you tried Bionic Commando: Rearmed on XBLA? There is a trial version you can download for free.

What about the Gears of War-series? It's third-person and has a really good co-op campaign.

Resident Evil 5 is also a good co-op game,

Techno Kitten Adventure.

-

In all seriousness, you can browse the Games Marketplace, and pick your favourite genres on the left to filter. Probably better that way to get a sense of what's available.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I've stolen acquired an xbox 360.

[/quote]COMIC SANS!

Was a bday gift.I have played bionic commando, I hate the kitten game. Gotta look into that gears of war.

Can't go wrong with Resident Evil 5. Awesome split screen co-op.

I would recommend Halo 3 ODST (Perfect for Co-Op, if you like this, then also try the original Halo 3), Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (an arcade Cop vs Criminal racer, less emphasis on Co-Op) & Crackdown 2 (A GTA-like free-roam adventure where you kill zombies and take back the city from the evil Cell).

All of these have been released for more than a year, so should all be relatively cheap, too.

Good luck, have fun! 

Did you read my original post at all? I will look into Crackdown though.

If you like Co-op I'd suggest Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 great cooperative series and maybe you should give Gears of War series a try as well.