games that seem alike?

**************SPOILERS******************

S     P     O    I     L      E       R       S

ok, first off I I played HALF LIFE 2 (all episodes) awhile ago,  BUT just the other day (about a week ago) I started to "Singularity" and I happen to notice that there is a large PILLAR of light going up out of a tower into "space"(the clouds) just like in Half Life, and the while plaing BOTH games you have to get to these towers.  Than I relized that the MAIN weapon in your hand while playing "Singularity" is very close to the same weapon in yet another game "Wolfenstein" (sure may be not do the same thing , but it seems alike).

Anyone have any more games they would like to mention, where they think the games "SEEM" alike? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The games you mentioned are bad comparisons.  A beam going up into the sky has been done countless times in games, movies, and books.  One aspect shared between two games doesn't make them alike.  If we followed that logic, every game would be like every game.  There is still SOME variation.  

Also, those aren't really spoilers.

Dantes Inferno copies many elements from God Of War.

NHL 10 and NHL 11

[quote user="Sgt Chrispyhawk"]

NHL 10 and NHL 11

[/quote]

Clearly they are blatant ripoffs of NHL 09.

Most war games

There are few games, I can't remember the titles, you have guns and shoot people.

Yeah and the one's in space where you have guns and you shoot people.

Sometimes you shoot robots.

Sometimes aliens.

But you definitely shoot things.

Fortress Craft vs Mine Craft

Every single CoD game since #4

Also I found Fallout 3 and Bioshock very similar in terms of atmosphere

As sad as it is to say, they're ALL alike this generation. Even genres that have noting in common are starting to meld into one massive ball of homogenized, cookie dough.