Games that deserve sequels/Games people need to know about

I figured i'd go out and make a room for people to get some hidden gems out there in the open and spread the word about. I recently downloaded Phychonauts though Xbox Live and it is one of the best games i've played in a very long time. Though it never got a sequel and or hardly even made a profit, which is depressing to me that games like that come out that are truley creative but instead people buy movie game spinoffs or what have you. Anyone else feel similar bout a game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm also glad The Witcher got a much deserved sequel, not alot of people knew about it and it's one of the few games I actually played on PC and I was over ecstatic when they released a sequel for the 360 cause my laptop broke :P And i've been playing the *** out it ever since.  I wish other series were so lucky though :/ Like Battlefront

Brute Force was wicked and never got a sequel, curiously.

Singularity comes to mind.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Timeshift.  Slowing down time to dodge incoming fire, stopping time to take the enemies gun from their hands, and going in reverse through time is all really fun!

I'd say TC'S:End War. It's a strategy came that is sort of hard if you don't have the controls mastered and the best side to fight for. By far one of the best Strategy games I've played. Sadly, the game is a 'dead' game since only a few thousand people bought it and stopped playing it :( Man, that game had some intense multiplayer matches, but it's nearly impossible to get into a game these days since hardly anyone plays the online and/or the game itself. If you think about it, the games that only sell a few thousand copies turn out to be good ones and then they're forgot about and they end dying off.

-

Another game is Far Cry 2. That game had some good multiplayer and the campaign was decent.(I could never beat the campaign, LOL.) The fact that you could create your own maps and add water, vehicles, raise the ground, make it hilly and bumpy, desert, flooded or a jungle, was awesome. In fact, they had the option to download other maps that were pretty crazy. They had one that was a huge cylinder that you drove through and right at the bottom there were explosive barrels & fireworks that would blow up when you ran into them! They also had, by far, the closest map to D-Day IMO. Now the game has a small community of probably 100-1,000 people.

-

Sadly, some games just don't survive. It's like nature in a way. Survival of the Fittest. (The main games are COD, Battlefield, & Halo mostly because they sell over a hundred thousand copies in one week of release and end up keeping a good strong playing community of 100,000+ players on the game, and that's only the multiplayer part too.)

-

This thread really got to me since I've played a lot of games that deserve more attention and are a lot better than the top-selling games on the market IMO.

Phantasy Star Online and Bully both need a sequel ..oh dang I forgot about ODDworld also I miss old abe

Armed and Dangerous on Xbox didn't deserve to die like it did. I'd love a Darkstalkers as well.

Mirror's Edge.

[quote user="STALKER2k"]

Phantasy Star Online and Bully both need a sequel ..oh dang I forgot about ODDworld also I miss old abe

[/quote]PSO2 is already out in Japan. It's free to play and everything is in Japanese in game but it's pretty easy to find your way around. The English version is releasing in spring 2013 (Both PC only). 

The recent Syndicate game was pretty awesome, and if they expanded on the co-op mode in a sequel I would be in tears.