Games suddenly stop working

I have a older white xbox and when I play games that are not even scratched or have minimal scratches.They work fine and I can play the game and it gives me no errors.But after I play the game a couple times I get disc read error and I can never play the game again.

Current Games it's happened to
1.Black ops 1-1 little scratch,Still let me play but randomly started to give me disc read error Status-Unplayable

2.Modern Warfare 3-My disc has a medium scratch in it and that one doesn't work,My brothers friend brought his over and they played.He left his disc at my house and when I went to play it after school I get disc read error 100% of the time. Status-Unplayable

This is happening to my games one at a time and I don't know whats going on.I am not moving my xbox while the game is running or anything.The game just stops working at random times and I can never play them again.

If anyone knows what is going on or has any fixes help would be appreciated.
I also can't install them to my hard drive because my bo2 is on it takes up 3/4ths of my hd

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey, the most common issue with incidents like this is your laser isn't picking up the disc. I recently owned the original white Xbox aswell and my laser just have out. You can most likely get this fixed by someone in your local area but it could be pricey! I recommend buying a new Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ooooh, that's no fun!  Let's try this: Xbox 360 Can’t Read Disc | Xbox Can’t Read Disc 

Sorry this didn't help.

The old Xbox gives lots of game discs a bad ring around the center. It's just a problem with the xbox, and usually installing the game is the solution so maybe you could pick up a $15 16 gb usb?

Sorry this didn't help.