Games On Demand...

The Darkness: £14.99

Full Auto: £14.99

DiRT 2: £24.99 (considering DiRT 3 is out now)

Call Of Duty Black Ops: £44.99!!! I payed £33.99 on release.

Call of Duty MW2: £39.99!

Gun: £14.99 (carried over from the original Xbox, and we do have RDR which in all fairness makes this look like and play like a Megadrive game).

Wish I could say I was tempted...could have been a very good feature, particularly late at night when fed up with the games you do have.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="Spuudle"]

Six copies vote? LOL. I thought I was bad with my three.  Unopened standard, unplayed Collector Edition, and used copy of standard, to play the game and keep the others mint.  What can I say?  So, how did you manage to end up with six (Five plus GOD) copies?  Are there any other games you like to collect?

[/quote]Bought the first with my 360 but it developed a crack at the plastic centre. Not wanting to damage that further I bought a second.

The third copy was the PC version and the fourth was the Classics Edition so I would have Bring Down the Sky on disc.

The fifth was the limited edition because I like the sleeve and metal tin.

Lastly of course is the version from Games on Demand.

I also have four copies of Mass Effect 2. One for the 360, a PC Collectors Edition, a Digital Deluxe Edition because EA sent me a 50% off voucher for the EA Store and lastly the free download I got for buying Dragon Age 2 (though I gave that to a mate.)

[/quote]

Ha ha.  I think thats great!

I have the same with ME2. Unused standard, unused Collector (collector one I said for ME, was the one with tin), and used standard again.  I just like having mint copies too. However, I am a bit of a collector (lol) myself.  I still have my ZX80, Spectrum 48k and Vic20 etc, all working and carefully put away.  I traded my standard DA2 but kept my unused Bioware Sig Ed.  Its only the odd game I behave like this with though.  ME3 will be next.  Standard copy and collector copy.

I too use EA discount codes, and buy new copies on Ebay etc. I wouldnt, say, pay £39.99 two or three times.

You could find all those games cheaper elsewhere.  I got the darkness for under £5.

GoD cuts out retailers so they could fix their prices a bit, closer to retail price.

[quote user="Spuudle"]

Six copies vote? LOL. I thought I was bad with my three.  Unopened standard, unplayed Collector Edition, and used copy of standard, to play the game and keep the others mint.  What can I say?  So, how did you manage to end up with six (Five plus GOD) copies?  Are there any other games you like to collect?

[/quote]Bought the first with my 360 but it developed a crack at the plastic centre. Not wanting to damage that further I bought a second.

The third copy was the PC version and the fourth was the Classics Edition so I would have Bring Down the Sky on disc.

The fifth was the limited edition because I like the sleeve and metal tin.

Lastly of course is the version from Games on Demand.

I also have four copies of Mass Effect 2. One for the 360, a PC Collectors Edition, a Digital Deluxe Edition because EA sent me a 50% off voucher for the EA Store and lastly the free download I got for buying Dragon Age 2 (though I gave that to a mate.)

[quote user="voteDC"]

I already have five copies of Mass Effect, not including the Games on Demand version, I don't think I've room for any more discs of it.

[/quote]

It's just greed, the more Microsoft get the more they want! It would seem we dont give them enough money already. Really dont know how i sleep at night knowing they are so strapped for cash!

[quote user="TForceNab"]

Haha, so it's safe to assume you want to make sure you always have Mass Effect at hand then!

[/quote]I do kind of like the game.

I have bought 4 or 5 games so far but I would buy a bit more if some were not so outragious,

My biggest example is "50 cent -- blood on the sand"  

Gamestop New = 29.99

Gamestop Used= 19.99

Games on Demand = 59.99

How in the world this could possibly make good business sense I have no idea, We are giving up the case, whatever was in the case, and the physical disc itself but most of all using the space on our hard drive....and we are supposed to spend 40 dollars more to save a "not a long" drive to any kind of gaming store.....mmmk

Haha, so it's safe to assume you want to make sure you always have Mass Effect at hand then!

[quote user="Chris PharmD"]

Personally, I'm just glad XBLA games aren't this outrageously priced.

[/quote]Some arcade games are overpriced.
Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="TForceNab"]

The latter you mention by protecting physical copies is a good idea, however, if it came to buying Full Auto, The Darkness and Gun etc. you could buy 4-5 physical copies and still end up with a bit change in your pocket compared to GOD prices! By that time, I can assure you I would be way past playing them again.

[/quote]I already have five copies of Mass Effect, not including the Games on Demand version, I don't think I've room for any more discs of it.