games on demand when will ms learn

is there any games worth getting of there? But when you look at ms pricing structrue why would anyone bother i mean they have launch games gun and condemed on there for 15 when im sure u can get them for less than a fiver. i mean surely ms would better off competing with the games stores and reducing prices as i mean im sure a developer would to be happier to ger a fiver etc to them rather then getting nothing

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I completely agree with you! The few games I have looked at are from £19.99. I have seen them, like you say, for around a fiver in stores.  I have also seen some brand new that are still cheaper.  For people that can't get out, fair enough.  In general though, you have no hard copy and its far too expensive.  You cant barter or get points thrown in.  Loyalty bonuses too.

just checked  a few games against a online retailer and ms are at least 5-10 quid overpriced

thats why i 'll never support DD. High prices and  games without manuals are not my cup of tea.

Which can be equal to another game or 800msp's!  To be honest, I dont think it would appeal to me even if the prices were comparible.  I like loyalty schemes, having a chat with the people in the game stores, bartering  ect ect.  I do buy plenty of DLC and XBLA titles though. I just hope there isnt a push to have us all buying from On Demand in the future, which could result in the game stores vanishing and pre-owned games becoming a thing of the past.  I buy all my latest titles new but do enjoy picking up a pre owned bargain from time to time.

They could make more sales if the prices were affordable compared to buying them at a retailer or online.  They have no retailers involved so take a bigger chunk.  No packaging either.  It should really be cheaper, but they're happy as long as chumps can't be bothered getting off their *** and shopping around.

This issue has come up before, Microsofts answer is that its more convenient keeping all your games on your Hard Drive & therefor "Grate Value for Money" LMAO

The biggest benefit I see would be if I could get new releases (at the same price I would get at the store) in a downloadable format and share with my two xboxes.  That would totally be worth it!

some games on demand are games that are hard to find in some countries making it worth it for example Tales of Vesperia quite difficult to find where i live and its an okay price on the demand section. Many old games that are on demand can be quite difficult to find in some regions but having new releases before everyone stops playing them would be nice however..

[quote user="DeBLAIN 02"]

This issue has come up before, Microsofts answer is that its more convenient keeping all your games on your Hard Drive & therefor "Grate Value for Money" LMAO

[/quote]

What kind of "Grate" is it? Is it a Sewer Grate? The kind people steal from the streets and sell to Ironmongers as scrap?

I bought Mass Effect from Games on Demand so I didn't have to take my disc out of the box.