Games on demand question.

Hi, this is my first post on the xbox forums so be nice!

My question is that if I have installed a game to my xbox hard drive (via CD) and I later purchase it from the Marketplace will the download be instant?

I ask because I have Oblivion installed (ages ago) and traded it in. I've wanted to get it again recently and wondered if I could just purchase it from the Marketplace, and seeing as all the game files are on the hard drive (from previous installation) would the download do all 6 gigs of game files again, or recognise that the files are already there and let me play?

My internet is extremely slow (0.7mbps) and to download 1.5 gigs take me a good 4-5 hours meaning if I download the entire game from the marketplace it would probably go on for the best part of 20 hours, that and we have a monthly download limit of 10gb which is used up by other people in the house often.

Thanks for reading and if you can provide a definite answer then it would be very helpful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm afraid it is download it all again if you want it from Games on Demand.

Essentially when you install a game everything is put onto the hard drive, everything that is except the disc check. This is why you need the disc in the drive to play (as well as other silly things like stopping people renting a disc and getting a full game to keep.)

With GoD the 'disc check', for want of a better term, is built into the download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To be perfectly honest it would be quicker and cheaper to just go to a local shop and buy a used copy of the game. Then atleast you would not have to install the game to the hdd again since you already have it on there from the previous install.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.