Games On Demand Online Pass

I recently purchased SSX via games on demand and there is an area that requires a code for people that purchase the game new. Like I did. It wasn't stated in the item description that anything like this was needed and/or whether content like this wasn't included. I am currently contacting EA about giving me a code. If this does not happen though I'm asking if i'd be able to get a refund for my purchase as it was sold lacking the required information.

Thank You

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

that area would be a multiplayer online area as online passes are linked to dlc

and it is generally known that with online pass games that god games dont inckude it

and yes there is a description saying online passes are reqiored for content

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

there is no refund for items bought on the market place.

your best bet will be to get an online pass from EA, just remember when dealing with them they were the most hated company of 2012 in northern America. so be stern with them and you may even have to let them know you are willing to report them to better business bureau.  ;) goodluck

Sorry this didn't help.

@ngocphi, It shouldn't be just "generally known" in business it should be "clearly stated" and please click the link and check the description of the item and show me where it says about an online pass marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541096d

@listed mia 510 thanks I will persevere with them but also would still expect an item to be refunded if it was not clearly described or complete. Regardless of their terms and conditions

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure what you are talking about.

I also have the GoD version of SSX and it doesn't require a code for online play. Yes, there is an area to enter a DLC code if you have one, as well as the option to purchase additional DLC tracks, characters and credits (if you don't want to earn them in-game by playing), but you don't need to buy an online pass to play the GoD version of SSX online.

Sorry this didn't help.

ahh so it is complete you need the online pass for additional DLC

Sorry this didn't help.

The online pass unlocks the ability to earn points in multiplayer. Anyway, EA have given me a code after I opened a case through their own help section. The only question I actually wanted answering here (by a MS representative at the very least) was that if EA didn't follow through with it could I have a refund on my purchase. So it goes unanswered.

Sorry this didn't help.

Noone here could give you a definite answer to that, not even forum support. Everything you purchase does stat that there are no refunds before you make the purchase and it's also in the terms of service (www.xbox.com/.../LiveTOU)

6.9. Refund policies. Unless otherwise provided by law or by a particular Services offer, all purchases are final and nonrefundable.

So if EA were not able to give you a code, you would have had to taken the issue to phone support, but there are no guarantees that they would have given you a refund. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand it says that but if items are not as described then they are refundable, according to law. Which means it is provided by law, as in point 6.9.

Great support forums MS. Relying completely on their user base to answer their customers questions. Don't know why I expected anything else really. Thanks for taking the time out to post guys. This thread can be deleted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Online Pass is mentioned in Games on Demand versions as it is the same game as you would get on the disc. However, the Online Pass is part of your game download when you purchase the game. There is no need for a code or extra download once you have got the game on your HDD.

If you are still unable to connect to online features then EA Support will be able to give you a code and/or see if your account is correctly setup for online access. They can be reached at http://help.ea.com.

A lot of the support you have gotten in this thread has been from Ambassadors that signed up to help people with questions like yours. It allows Microsoft to focus on the issues that can't be resolved with community help which a lot can be.

Sorry this didn't help.

The actual question was about a refund, anyone can sign up to the ambassador program, and while I appreciate people taking the time out to give information. No one is qualified to answer it unIess they're a microsoft representative

I was already in the process of doing what you've stated and did get a code. The only question I asked, if you look again was about getting a refund if I didn't get a code, so it's now a moot point, with not one response coming from an ms rep.

As I said before this thread can be deleted. I'm sure they certainly wouldn't take the time out to speculate an answer now in any case. As my initial problem was solved by EA. Which, when they're apparently not eating children and kicking puppies, have a decent support network. Unlike MS 

Sorry this didn't help.