Games on Demand game won't work

Hello,

I purchased Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands a few weeks ago and it doesn't work. The games starts up fine and i am able to go through the menus but as soon as I choose to start a new game it loads for about 10-15 seconds then the game freezes as I am unable to go to guide and have to reboot my console. I know it freezes because I let it load for 10 minutes and nothing happened but the loading screen is animated and has audio playing along it and after 10-15 seconds both stop.

I've tried deleting the cache, deleting and reinstalling game as well as rebooting my console and am not sure what to do next. I don't think it's an issue with the hard drive as I have other games on it (original xbox games, arcade games, Games on Demand games) and they all work fine. The only thing I can think of trying is to try another drive but seeing as I don't own one i don't want to buy one if there is any other alternative?

Any suggestions? I've tried almost everything!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried removing and reinstalling your hard drive?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please make sure you have enough space in the hard drive for save games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey EdibleMessiah! I'm glad you brought this to the forums! First, can I have you tell me the file size you have been downloading for Prince of Persia? Once you've checked that file size, can you try deleting the game, downloading the equivalent amount of content to write over that space on the harddrive, and then re-download the game. Let us know if you still experience freezing. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

FH BROWNTOWN - I'm not sure what you mean, I took it out and put it back in. Do you mean format it?

Uplift Knight - I still have about 3.3 GB on my HD left.

Miss Kleo. The file is 4.5 gb, and I tried what you suggested and the same thing happens I start up the game, hit new game select my difficulty and after it loads for about 10 seconds it freezes.

Any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried to remove the hard drive and use a flash drive that's large enough to hold your profile and the game? You'd need a flash drive that's about 8GB in space to store the game and your profile. Try that out and let us know if that works out.

Sorry this didn't help.