Games on Demand Download Not Finishing? 60 Dollars Wasted?

So, 3 days ago (Sept. 13) I bought Halo:Reach off of Games on Demand, for 60$. The download was going just fine until it got to 31%. Then the download just stopped going Up. It's frozen on 31%, and after a while a pop up comes out saying 'Can not download Halo: Reach' and cancels my download.

-

So I deleted all my Halo:Reach files (All 250 of them), Deleted the partial download file, cleared my system cache, and restarted the download. Again, the download was going just fine, but stopped yet again, at 31%, and the same problem occurs.

-

Strange thing is, the download for Halo:Reach appeared as either 'Unknown Game' or 'Phanstasy Star Universe'. Right now, it's appearing as Halo: Reach.

-

Anyone else had an experince like this with Games on Demand? Is this my fault? Is this a problem on Microsoft's end? Anything I can do?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Never happened to me before. You could have just went to the store or ordered a copy online for a cheaper price.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

call support . I wonder if it don't say you already  bought this game when you try to download it again.

Additional steps (along with a cleared Cache) you can also take would be to;

• Reset your Modem/ Router
  • Recover your Profile

If it still fails at that point, contact Support.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Additional steps (along with a cleared Cache) you can also take would be to;

• Reset your Modem/ Router
  • Recover your Profile

If it still fails at that point, contact Support.

[/quote]I Reset my Router and Cleared my Chance, haven't tried Recovering my Profile. I'll try that next.

Also, Halo:Reach is 40$ at gamestop, I thought the it'd be worth paying the extra 20$ to not have to worry about breaking my disc, like last time... Didn't think I'd have a problem like this while downloading :P

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Snip-

[/quote]I Reset my Router and Cleared my Chance, haven't tried Recovering my Profile. I'll try that next.

Also, Halo:Reach is 40$ at gamestop, I thought the it'd be worth paying the extra 20$ to not have to worry about breaking my disc, like last time... Didn't think I'd have a problem like this while downloading :P

[/quote]

Just make sure you repeat all of the processes again step by step with the Cache first, then Modem/ Router, then Recover, then finally DL attempt. If I could ask, how did your Disc break?

If you are downloading it via a wireless connection, stop. Connect directly to the router or modem and then download it. With large files like that you will experience some packet loss downloading it wirelessly. And since you have already tried almost everything else you have nothing to lose with this.

Let us know how it goes.

It's cracek[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Snip-

[/quote]

Just make sure you repeat all of the processes again step by step with the Cache first, then Modem/ Router, then Recover, then finally DL attempt. If I could ask, how did your Disc break?

[/quote]It started with a crack recived from me applying to much force and not taking it out of the case correctly. From there, the crack just became bigger until it no longer read, and I cracked it straight down the middle, the disc is in half. My fault, but I don't want to risk having that happen again.

EDIT:
@TemHotaBot

I connect to live through a wired connection, so that isn't the problem, I presume.

Sucks, my roommate did the same thing with his Madden 10 a while back. You have to be kinda careful with the thin "eco" Cases and taking out a Disc. Good luck then and I hope it works for you.

It's cracek[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Snip-

[/quote]

[/quote]It started with a crack recived from me applying to much force and not taking it out of the case correctly. From there, the crack just became bigger until it no longer read, and I cracked it straight down the middle, the disc is in half. My fault, but I don't want to risk having that happen again.

EDIT:
@TemHotaBot

I connect to live through a wired connection, so that isn't the problem, I presume.

[/quote]

Exactly why I stopped using those cheap eco-friendly game cases and use a CD book

This same thing happened this kid I know. He cried to his mom, she got on the phone with customer service, they couldn't  figure out why it wouldn't download. So she called me up and had me come over to see if I could figure it out. Turns out he didn't have enough space on his HDD.